Solar Panel Cost Guide in Lower Windsor, PA (Jan 2023)
- Lower Windsor Solar Installation Cost: $11,781
- 25-Year Savings: $13,760
- Payback Period: 11.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Lower Windsor
Although it's possible to install solar panels by yourself, it requires extra labor and expertise. That's one of the reasons the majority of homeowners choose to go with a solar panel installer. Some solar installers, especially local ones, can help you take advantage of incentives in Lower Windsor, optimizing your ROI.
You can work with a local solar installer to get a free quote on the cost of solar panels for your home. Here are some nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Lower Windsor
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Lower Windsor
Cost is typically one of the most important factors for homeowners considering investing in solar. There are a few key factors that affect your total cost in Lower Windsor: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll go over each of these briefly below.
The cost of solar panel systems varies by thousands of dollars due to a few different factors. One of the major factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems that have higher efficiency or power production use better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can raise costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,550. There are several different solar panel brands and the one you pick also changes the cost. Usually, the brands that offer higher efficiency tend to also be more expensive. In addition, the type of equipment you're looking to install can affect your total cost. If you only need panels, your system will be much less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Lower Windsor have solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing solar panels. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of loans, including the total interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you're only able to get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars more than the original cost. Making a larger down payment or getting a solar loan with a low interest rate could reduce your costs considerably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The final major cost factor you should take into consideration is the installer you choose. Given the booming popularity of clean energy solutions in Lower Windsor, you'll have a great number of options to choose from, but each comes at various price points for labor and equipment. Larger national companies typically have lower costs, but some local companies keep up with them by offering sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or add-on services like electric car charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$12,084||12.0 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$16,398||11.8 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$20,855||11.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$25,454||11.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$30,196||11.1 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$35,081||10.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$40,109||10.6 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$45,279||10.4 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the kind of solar panels and the company you choose has an impact on your costs and your system's efficiency, production, and durability, it's important to pick the right ones for you. Here are some things to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Reputation: Make sure your solar system installer has a good reputation by verifying it has certifications and licenses, checking its work history and reading reviews by past customers and solar experts like EcoWatch.
- Contract: When looking through your solar installer's contract, ask for clarification about any terms you're not sure of and make sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system part breaking or the company going out of business.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and how much efficiency they need. Even though there are many options for which kind of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to take a look at their list of options before making your decision.
- Warranty: Many companies offer different types of warranties that provide different kinds of coverage. A 25-year, all-inclusive warranty is the gold standard.
EcoWatch's Lower Windsor, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.