Solar Panel Cost Guide in Lower Oxford, PA (Jan 2023)
- Lower Oxford Solar Installation Cost: $11,674
- 25-Year Savings: $14,038
- Payback Period: 11.3 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Lower Oxford
When switching to solar energy, many homeowners decide to hire a solar installer since overseeing your solar installation yourself can be a challenging project. The payback period of solar panels will vary based on factors like your roof configuration and energy needs, but going with a solar installer can shorten it. Your provider will be able to help you apply for incentives available in your area.
Working with a vetted solar company can make going solar easier. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Lower Oxford
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Lower Oxford
The cost of installing a solar system in Lower Oxford can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost is dependent on several factors. The most significant one is the size of the system you need, and other factors include equipment choices, financing options and the solar installer you choose.
The size of the solar panel system you need, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most significant cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, you can expect your total to increase by nearly $2,550. Some solar panel brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — cost more upfront but also tend to offer better efficiency. In a city like Lower Oxford, where sunlight is relatively abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Plus, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be a better option. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Lower Oxford provide solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing a solar system. Although solar loans make going solar more accessible for Lower Oxford homeowners, they can also raise the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate. If you put down a larger down payment, though, you can avoid paying as much in interest.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Lastly, the company you get to install your solar panels can influence your pricing. Lower Oxford's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. Additionally, some companies in Lower Oxford know more about local solar incentives and can help you learn about additional rebates or tax exemptions. However, they may charge more for walking you through the whole process. Even if they cost more upfront, they could help you save more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$12,459||11.8 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$16,898||11.6 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$21,479||11.3 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$26,203||11.1 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$31,070||10.9 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$36,080||10.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$41,233||10.4 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$46,528||10.2 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are numerous companies to choose from in Lower Oxford, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Selecting the right company for you can be difficult, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Warranty: An all-inclusive, 25-year warranty can help keep your solar panel system running for years to come and save you money on part replacement and repairs.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a good reputation and is qualified to do the job well. Another way you can check your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and how much efficiency they need. Although there are many options for which brand of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to take a look at their list of offerings before making your decision.
- Contract: Though reading through a contract can be tedious, it's important to do it carefully so you can be sure you understand how much the equipment and services will cost and the terms of the warranty.
EcoWatch's Lower Oxford, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.