Solar Panel Cost Guide in Lower Makefield, PA (Jan 2023)
- Lower Makefield Solar Installation Cost: $11,745
- 25-Year Savings: $14,900
- Payback Period: 11.0 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Lower Makefield
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a choice some homeowners opt for, but it's an undertaking that can be a pain. Using a solar panel installer can make swapping over to solar power much easier. Companies can also have access to a large variety of the best solar panels and help you choose which one will be best for you.
If you're searching for a solar installer in Lower Makefield, the EcoWatch team has compiled a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Lower Makefield
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Lower Makefield
While the average cost of a solar system in Lower Makefield is $11,745, your actual cost may be higher or lower than that. There are quite a few factors that can have a significant impact on the cost of a solar system installation. Below are some of the more important things to consider.
The size of the solar energy system you need to offset your energy usage, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, you can expect your total to increase by about $2,550. The kind of solar panels and equipment you choose is another factor that will substantially affect costs. Solar panels that are more efficient, like monocrystalline panels, tend to cost more. Moreover, solar equipment goes beyond just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to think about the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when looking into a solar system that falls within your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for a solar system out of pocket can be difficult. Solar loans are available from most installers in Lower Makefield, which can lower, or in some cases completely eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more accessible. When estimating your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you go with a solar loan. Also, paying more upfront can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final consideration when trying to evaluate the cost of solar for your home or business in Lower Makefield is the company you get to install your solar system. As with choosing a company to renovate your kitchen, for example, there are plenty of solar installers that offer a range of services at different costs. Additionally, some companies in Lower Makefield are more knowledgeable about local solar incentives and can help you take advantage of additional rebates or tax exemptions. However, they may charge more for walking you through the whole process. Even if they cost more upfront, they could help you save more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$13,146||11.5 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$17,813||11.2 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$22,623||11.0 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$27,576||10.8 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$32,672||10.6 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$37,911||10.4 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$43,293||10.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$48,817||9.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar system installation will affect the warranties and brands available to you, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Since picking a company can be a tough decision, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and how much efficiency they need. Although there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to take a look at their list of options before making your decision.
- Warranty: An all-inclusive, 25-year warranty can help keep your solar panel system running smoothly and save you money on part replacement and repairs.
- Contract: It's important to read through your solar installer's contract thoroughly to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what expectations you should have about the installation process.
- Reputation: Long-running companies likely have a solid reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar installation through, but will also provide quality aftercare and customer support, such as part repairs and replacements.
EcoWatch's Lower Makefield, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.