Solar Panel Cost Guide in London Britain, PA (Jan 2023)
- London Britain Solar Installation Cost: $11,674
- 25-Year Savings: $14,972
- Payback Period: 10.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in London Britain
Installing solar panels on your own can be a challenging undertaking, which is why getting a solar installation company is a good option for many homeowners. The expertise that solar companies offer can be valuable as well, particularly if you aren't sure what kind of solar equipment would be right for your home.
If you're searching for a solar company in London Britain, the EcoWatch team has compiled a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in London Britain
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in London Britain
There are a number of factors that can influence your solar panel installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that does the installation.
The cost of solar panels varies by thousands of dollars due to a variety of factors. One of the key factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems that have better efficiency or power generation need better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can raise costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,550. There are a lot of different solar panel brands and the one you choose also affects the cost. Typically, the brands that have better efficiency tend to also cost more. Additionally, the type of equipment you want to install can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on utility bills over many years, but they can also be a significant investment. That's why many London Britain homeowners choose to finance their solar panel systems to make going solar more affordable. It's wise to add the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to put more money down upfront, you can reduce your total costs and how long it'll take to pay off the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The remaining major cost factor you should consider is the installer you choose. Given the booming popularity of green energy solutions in London Britain, you'll have plenty of options to choose from, but each comes at varying price points for labor and equipment. You may notice national solar installers that have lower prices because of their larger brand name and access to bulk equipment pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$13,316||11.4 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$18,041||11.2 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$22,908||10.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$27,918||10.7 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$33,070||10.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$38,366||10.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$43,804||10.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$49,385||9.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel models and price points. To help you pick the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Reputation: Companies that have been operating for many years likely have a high reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar project through, but will also provide quality aftercare and customer service, such as part repairs and replacements.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and type offers varying levels of quality, longevity and efficiency. They will come at different prices as well. The company you choose affects which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Contract: Read the contract terms thoroughly to make sure you understand the cost breakdown, completion timeline incentives and warranties.
- Installation Process: One of the most important things to understand when adopting solar power is the installation process itself. Be sure to clarify any details you should know with your solar company, such as what permits you should secure and how long the project will take.
EcoWatch's London Britain, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.