Solar Panel Cost Guide in Ligonier, PA (Feb 2023)
- Ligonier Solar Installation Cost: $12,549
- 25-Year Savings: $13,115
- Payback Period: 12.2 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Ligonier
When switching to solar energy, many homeowners choose to go with a solar installer since DIY solar panel installation can be a challenging project. Also, companies with a high reputation that cost more upfront could actually save you money in the long run with their warranties, repair services and expert design.
There are several licensed solar professionals that can help you install your solar panels. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Ligonier
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Ligonier
Though the average cost of a solar system in Ligonier is $12,549, your actual cost may differ. There are quite a few factors that can have a significant impact on the cost of a solar system installation. Below are some of the more important things to take into consideration.
The size of the solar energy system you need to offset your energy usage, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most significant cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, you can expect your total to increase by about $2,550. Some solar panel brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more expensive upfront but also tend to offer higher efficiency. In a city like Ligonier, where sunlight isn't as abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. In addition, if you have a small roof or you don't have a lot of space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be a better option. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system out of pocket is too expensive, solar loans are a solid choice because they decrease your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over a term of, on average, between five and seven years. Although solar loans make adopting solar energy more accessible for Ligonier homeowners, they can also raise the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate and how long you take to pay off the loan. If you make a larger down payment, though, you can avoid paying as much in interest.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you pick will influence your total cost to make the switch to solar energy. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. Companies that only sell high-efficiency and high-priced products — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally come with an above-average cost. It's best to do some research and go with the company that offers the products, warranties and services you want and also fit into your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$10,758||12.7 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$14,630||12.5 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$18,645||12.2 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$22,802||12.0 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$27,102||11.7 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$31,545||11.5 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$36,131||11.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$40,859||11.0 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel models and price points. To help you pick the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Reputation: Long-standing companies likely have a high reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar project through, but will also provide quality aftercare and customer service, such as part repairs and replacements.
- Solar Panel Brands: Not all solar companies offer the same brands of solar panels, so the brand and type of panel you want can play a big role in the company you hire.
- Installation Process: One of the most important things to understand when adopting solar power is the installation process itself. Be sure to clarify any details you should know with your solar installer, such as what permits you should acquire and how long the project will take.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar company, make sure to read it through carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you aren't sure about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
EcoWatch's Ligonier, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.