Solar Panel Cost Guide in Laureldale, PA (Feb 2023)
- Laureldale Solar Installation Cost: $11,870
- 25-Year Savings: $13,727
- Payback Period: 11.6 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Laureldale
Although you can install solar panels on your own, it requires extra time and know-how. That's why almost all homeowners choose to hire a solar panel installer. Also, companies with a good reputation that cost more upfront could actually save you money in the long term because of their warranties, repair services and expert design.
If you'd like to go solar but still aren't sure which solar system company to go with, here are our suggestions for providers near you:
See all of the solar companies in Laureldale
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Laureldale
Though the average cost of a solar system in Laureldale is $11,870, your actual cost may be above or below the average. There are quite a few factors that can have a significant impact on the cost of a solar system installation. Below are some of the more important things to consider.
One of the most important factors to consider when it comes to the cost of going solar is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more power your household consumes, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to spend about $2,550 per kilowatt in Laureldale. There are many different solar panel brands and the one you choose also affects the cost. Usually, the brands that offer higher efficiency tend to also be more expensive. Plus, the type of equipment you want to install can affect your total cost. If you only need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Laureldale have solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing solar. However, the interest on solar loans also increases your all-in costs, so it's important to include that in your estimate as well. You can always reduce the total you pay in interest and possibly even your APR by putting more money down.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The final major cost factor you should consider is the installer you choose. Given the booming popularity of sustainable energy solutions in Laureldale, you'll have lots of options to choose from, but each comes at various price points for labor and equipment. You may come across national solar installers that have lower prices because of their larger brand name and access to bulk equipment prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or promotions to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$11,953||12.1 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$16,223||11.8 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$20,636||11.6 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$25,192||11.4 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$29,890||11.1 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$34,731||10.9 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$39,715||10.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$44,842||10.4 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the kind of solar panels and the installation company you choose has an impact on your costs and your system's durability and efficiency, it's important to pick the right ones for you. Here are some things to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Warranty: A quality company rises above other companies by providing the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
- Contract: It's important to look over your solar installer's contract carefully to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what expectations you should have about the installation process.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a sound reputation as a company and have proven expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has positive reviews from previous customers.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and type has varying levels of quality, longevity and efficiency. They will come at different prices as well. The company you choose has an impact on which solar panel brands you have access to.
EcoWatch's Laureldale, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.