Solar Panel Cost Guide in Kutztown, PA (Feb 2023)
- Kutztown Solar Installation Cost: $11,870
- 25-Year Savings: $13,727
- Payback Period: 11.6 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Kutztown
Many homeowners opt for a solar installer since installing solar panels yourself can be hard. The payback period of solar panels will vary based on factors like your roof configuration and energy consumption, but working with a solar company can help you reach a break-even point sooner. Your provider will be able to help you get the most out of incentives available in your area.
If you'd like to start using solar energy but still aren't sure which solar panel installer to go with, here are our suggestions for providers in Kutztown:
See all of the solar companies in Kutztown
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Kutztown
Cost is typically one of the most important factors for homeowners who want to invest in solar. There are a few primary factors that determine your overall cost in Kutztown: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll cover each of these briefly below.
When it comes to estimating the price of a solar system in Kutztown, one of the most important factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are primarily based on your home's energy consumption, which you can determine by looking at past energy bills. Your total cost can increase by around $2,550 for each additional kilowatt you need. There are many different solar panel brands and the one you choose also changes the cost. In many cases, the brands that have better efficiency tend to also be more expensive. In addition, the type of equipment you want to install can affect your total cost. If you only need panels, your system will be much less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on energy bills over time, but they can also be a big investment. That's why many Kutztown homeowners opt to finance their solar panel systems to make paying for solar more affordable. When trying to figure out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you go with a solar loan. Also, paying a higher down payment can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Lastly, the company you opt for to install your solar panels can impact the cost. Kutztown's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. Larger national companies typically have lower costs, but some local companies compete with them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or additional services like electric vehicle charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$11,953||12.1 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$16,223||11.8 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$20,636||11.6 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$25,192||11.4 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$29,890||11.1 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$34,731||10.9 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$39,715||10.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$44,842||10.4 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar panel company you choose will be a major factor in determining not only your total costs, but also the types of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you have access to. When choosing a solar company, there are some important things you should consider, including:
- Contract: When looking over your solar company's contract, ask for clarification about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios like a system component breaking or the company going out of business.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and kind offers varying levels of quality, durability and energy efficiency. They will come at different prices as well. The company you choose impacts which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a solid reputation as a company and have demonstrated expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has good reviews from previous customers.
- Warranty: A quality company stands out from other companies by providing the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
EcoWatch's Kutztown, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.