Solar Panel Cost Guide in Jenkins, PA (Jan 2023)
- Jenkins Solar Installation Cost: $12,406
- 25-Year Savings: $8,802
- Payback Period: 14.6 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Jenkins
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a way to cut costs, but it's an undertaking that can be a headache. Going with an installer can make converting to solar power much easier. Plus, if you aren't sure what type of solar panels and equipment you want, a solar installer can help you figure that out after a site survey and consultation.
There are various licensed solar professionals that can help you install your solar panels. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Jenkins
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Jenkins
For many Jenkins homeowners, the decision to install a solar energy system rests on cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Jenkins, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are various factors that significantly influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
The size of the solar energy system you need, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by around $2,550. The solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you opt for the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. However, higher efficiency could save you more over time on your electric bills. Additionally, extra products, like solar batteries, can bring your total well above the Jenkins average.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Jenkins to be prohibitively steep, even if the investment pays off over time. Fortunately, almost every solar company in the area offers financing options. Solar loans drastically decrease upfront costs for most homeowners, but they also result in paying more over time because of interest. When considering your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you decide on a solar loan. Also, paying more upfront can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installation company you pick will influence your total cost to go solar. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. Companies that only sell products with high efficiency and therefore a higher price point — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally cost more. It's best to do some research and choose a company that provides the products, warranties and services you want and also fit into your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$7,177||15.2 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$9,855||14.9 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$12,676||14.6 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$15,640||14.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$18,746||14.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$21,995||13.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$25,387||13.4 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$28,922||13.2 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of companies to choose from in Jenkins, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Picking the right company for you can be difficult, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a good reputation as a company and have proven expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has satisfied reviews from previous customers.
- Installation Process: An important thing to understand when adopting solar power is the installation process itself. Be sure to align on any details you should know with your solar installer, such as what permits you should acquire and how long the project will take.
- Contract: Look through the contract terms carefully to make sure you understand how much it will cost, completion timeline incentives and warranties.
- Solar Panel Brands: The brand of solar panel you want to get plays a part in which installer you should choose, since different companies have access to different panels.
EcoWatch's Jenkins, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.