Solar Panel Cost Guide in Heidelberg, PA (Feb 2023)
- Heidelberg Solar Installation Cost: $11,870
- 25-Year Savings: $13,084
- Payback Period: 11.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Heidelberg
Many homeowners decide to use a solar panel installer since figuring out how to install solar panels on your own can be challenging. The payback period on a solar system will vary based on factors like your location and energy consumption, but working with a solar company can shorten that period. Your provider will be able to help you apply for incentives available in your area.
There are several licensed solar professionals that can help you install your solar panels. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Heidelberg
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Heidelberg
While the average cost of a solar system in Heidelberg is $11,870, your final cost may differ. There are many factors that can have a major impact on the cost of a residential solar panel installation. Below are some of the more important things to consider.
One of the most significant factors to consider when it comes to the cost of going solar is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more power your household consumes, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to pay about $2,550 per kilowatt in Heidelberg. Some solar panel brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — cost more upfront but also tend to offer higher efficiency. In a city like Heidelberg, where sunlight is relatively abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Plus, if you have a small roof or you don't have a lot of space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be a better option. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Heidelberg offer solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing solar. It's wise to add the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to put more money down upfront, you can reduce your total costs and the amount of time it'll take to pay back the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Lastly, the company you hire to install your solar system can impact your pricing. Heidelberg's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. The size of the company can sometimes play the most considerable role in your costs. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower pricing due to access to greater resources and better pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they can sometimes have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or discount can bring their pricing lower to compete with bigger names.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$11,378||12.4 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$15,456||12.1 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$19,678||11.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$24,041||11.7 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$28,548||11.4 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$33,198||11.2 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$37,990||10.9 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$42,925||10.7 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are numerous companies available in Heidelberg, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Selecting the right company for you can be difficult, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Warranty: Many companies offer different types of warranties that provide different kinds of coverage. A 25-year, all-inclusive warranty is the gold standard.
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies carry different brands and models of panels. If you prefer a specific brand, make sure the solar installer you're considering has it.
- Contract: When reading through your solar company's contract, ask for clarification about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios like a system component breaking or the company going out of business.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
EcoWatch's Heidelberg, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.