Solar Panel Cost Guide in Greensburg, PA (Jan 2023)
- Greensburg Solar Installation Cost: $12,549
- 25-Year Savings: $8,495
- Payback Period: 14.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Greensburg
Many homeowners decide to use a solar installer since trying to install solar panels yourself can be challenging. Plus, if you're unsure what brand of solar panels and equipment you may need, a solar company can help you find the right equipment for you after a site survey and consultation.
If you'd like to switch to solar energy but still aren't certain which solar system installer to go with, here are our suggestions for providers nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Greensburg
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Greensburg
There are many factors that can determine your solar system installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that does the installation.
One of the most important factors to consider when it comes to the cost of installing solar panels is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more power your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to pay around $2,550 per kilowatt in Greensburg. The solar equipment you choose can bring your price up or down by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you get the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. However, higher efficiency could save you more over time on your electric bills. In addition, add-on products, like solar batteries, can bump up your total well above the Greensburg average.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Greensburg to be too costly, even if the investment pays off over time. Fortunately, nearly every solar company in the area provides financing options. Solar loans drastically decrease upfront costs in most cases, but they also result in a higher cost over time because of interest. Although solar loans make adopting solar energy more accessible for Greensburg homeowners, they can also raise the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate. If you put down a larger down payment, though, you can cut back on how much interest you have to pay.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final factor to consider when trying to figure out the cost of solar for your home or business in Greensburg is the company you get to install your PV system. Similar to choosing a company to renovate your kitchen, for instance, there are plenty of solar installers that offer a range of services for different budgets. You may notice national solar installers that have lower prices because of their larger brand name and access to bulk equipment pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or promotions to compete with those major players.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$6,817||15.5 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$9,375||15.2 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$12,075||14.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$14,919||14.6 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$17,905||14.3 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$21,034||14.0 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$24,306||13.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$27,720||13.4 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel models and price points. To help you select the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can research your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Solar Panel Brands: The model of solar panel you'd like to get plays a role in which installer you should opt for, since different companies have different panels.
- Contract: When looking through your solar company's contract, ask questions about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system component breaking or if the company goes out of business.
- Installation Process: Get detailed information from your solar company about the installation process and what to expect, such as when the site survey will be completed and what the project timeline is.
EcoWatch's Greensburg, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.