Solar Panel Cost Guide in Green Tree, PA (Jan 2023)
- Green Tree Solar Installation Cost: $12,441
- 25-Year Savings: $17,273
- Payback Period: 10.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Green Tree
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a choice some homeowners opt for, but it's an undertaking that can take a lot of hard work. Taking advantage of an installer can make switching to solar power much easier. Plus, if you aren't sure what type of solar panels and equipment you need, a solar installer can help you figure that out after a site survey and consultation.
You can get a free estimate from a local solar installer on how much solar panels could cost for your home. Here are some nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Green Tree
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Green Tree
For many Green Tree homeowners, the decision to go solar comes down to cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Green Tree, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are various factors that considerably influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
System size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that determines the overall cost of installing solar panels. For that reason, it's important to accurately ascertain the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your average energy use. Some solar brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more costly upfront but also tend to offer better efficiency. In a city like Green Tree, where sunlight isn't as abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. In addition, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be a better option. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Green Tree to be prohibitively steep, even if the investment pays off over time. Thankfully, almost every solar company in the area provides access to financing options. Solar loans remarkably decrease upfront costs in most cases, but they also lead to higher prices over time due to interest. When figuring out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you decide on a solar loan. Also, paying more upfront can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you opt for to handle your switch to renewable energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies in Green Tree, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. Additionally, some companies in Green Tree have more knowledge about local solar incentives and can help you learn about additional rebates or tax exemptions. However, they may charge more for walking you through the whole process. Even if they cost more upfront, they could end up saving you more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$14,440||10.9 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$19,539||10.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$24,781||10.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$30,166||10.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$35,693||10.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$41,364||9.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$47,177||9.6 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$53,132||9.4 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the brand of solar panels and the installation company you choose has an impact on your costs and your system's efficiency, production, and durability, it's important to select the right ones for you. Here are some tips to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Installation Process: Make sure you're aligned with the company with regard to how the installation process will go and what you need to do before your solar panel system is installed, such as repairing your electrical system or roof.
- Solar Panel Brands: Not all solar installers offer the same brands of solar panels, so the brand and type of panel you want can play a significant role in the company you choose.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a good reputation as a company and have proven expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has good reviews from past customers.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar company, be sure to look it over carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not certain about some of the terms, such as what to do if a part breaks or malfunctions and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
EcoWatch's Green Tree, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.