Solar Panel Cost Guide in Edgmont, PA (Feb 2023)
- Edgmont Solar Installation Cost: $11,620
- 25-Year Savings: $15,025
- Payback Period: 10.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Edgmont
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a choice some homeowners opt for, but it's an undertaking that can take a lot of hard work. Using a solar panel installer can make swapping over to solar power much easier. Another benefit of working with a solar company is that they can help you optimize your investment by lowering your future costs of repairs and replacements due to warranties and giving you information on local incentives you can take advantage of.
If you're searching for a solar installer in Edgmont, we've compiled a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Edgmont
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Edgmont
For many Edgmont homeowners, the decision to go solar rests on cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Edgmont, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are a few factors that considerably influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
The size of the solar energy system you need to offset your energy usage, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most significant cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by around $2,550. There are many different solar panel brands and the one you pick also affects the cost. Usually, the brands that are more efficient tend to also cost more. Additionally, the type of equipment you want to install can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be much less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Edgmont to be prohibitively expensive, even if the investment pays off over time. Thankfully, nearly every solar company in the area offers financing options. Solar loans remarkably decrease upfront costs in most cases, but they also result in paying more over time because of interest. It's wise to include the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to pay a higher down payment, you can reduce your total costs and how long it'll take to pay back the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final consideration when trying to estimate the cost of solar for your home or business in Edgmont is the company you choose to install your solar panel system. As with choosing a company to build a deck or pool, for example, you'll have no shortage of solar installers that offer a range of services for different budgets. The company's size sometimes plays the most considerable role in the cost. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower pricing due to access to greater resources and better pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they can sometimes have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or discount can bring their pricing lower to compete with bigger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$13,415||11.3 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$18,172||11.1 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$23,072||10.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$28,114||10.7 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$33,300||10.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$38,628||10.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$44,100||10.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$49,713||9.8 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the type of solar panels and the installer you choose considerably impacts your costs and your system's durability and efficiency, it's important to pick the right ones for you. Here are some tips to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a good reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can verify your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and kind offers varying levels of quality, longevity and efficiency. They will come at different price points as well. The company you choose impacts which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Contract: When looking over your solar installer's contract, ask for clarification about any terms you're not sure of and make sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system component breaking or if the company goes out of business.
- Warranty: A high-quality company stands out from other companies by providing the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
EcoWatch's Edgmont, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.