Solar Panel Cost Guide in East Marlborough, PA (Feb 2023)
- East Marlborough Solar Installation Cost: $11,674
- 25-Year Savings: $14,972
- Payback Period: 10.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in East Marlborough
When switching to solar energy, many homeowners decide to go with a solar installer since putting up solar panels yourself can be a difficult project. Another perk of working with a solar installer is that they can help you maximize your ROI by cutting back on future costs of repairs and replacements with the help of warranties and helping you learn about local incentives you can take advantage of.
There are several licensed solar professionals that can take care of your solar installation project. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in East Marlborough
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in East Marlborough
The cost of installing a solar system in East Marlborough can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost depends on several factors. The most significant one is your system size, and other factors include equipment choices, financing options and the solar installer you choose.
The cost of solar panel systems varies by thousands of dollars due to a variety of factors. One of the main factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems with better efficiency or power production need better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can raise costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,550. There are many different solar panel brands and the one you choose also affects the cost. Generally, the brands that offer higher efficiency tend to also cost more. Plus, the type of equipment you're looking to install can affect your total cost. If you only need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system in cash is out of reach, solar loans are a popular choice because they decrease your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over five to seven years on average. It's a good idea to include the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to pay a larger down payment, you can reduce your total costs and the amount of time it'll take to pay back the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installation company you select will impact your total cost to make the switch to solar power. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. The company's size can sometimes play the most significant role in your costs. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower pricing due to access to greater resources and better pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they generally have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or discount can bring their pricing down to compete with bigger names.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$13,316||11.4 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$18,041||11.2 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$22,908||10.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$27,918||10.7 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$33,070||10.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$38,366||10.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$43,804||10.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$49,385||9.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar system installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Since selecting a company can be difficult, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Contract: When reading over your solar installer's contract, ask questions about any terms you're not sure of and make sure you understand what happens in scenarios like a system part breaking or the company going out of business.
- Warranty: If you care about the durability of your solar panel system, ensuring your company offers a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty can give you some peace of mind.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and how much efficiency they need. Even though there are many options for which brand of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to take a look at their list of options before deciding.
EcoWatch's East Marlborough, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.