Solar Panel Cost Guide in East Caln, PA (Jan 2023)
- East Caln Solar Installation Cost: $11,674
- 25-Year Savings: $14,972
- Payback Period: 10.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in East Caln
Although you can install solar panels yourself, it takes extra effort and handiness. That's why almost all homeowners choose to hire a solar panel installer. Companies can also provide access to various kinds of the best solar panels and help you pick which one will be best for you.
If you're searching for a solar company in East Caln, we've put together a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in East Caln
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in East Caln
Even though the average cost of a solar system in East Caln is $11,674, your final cost may differ. There are quite a few factors that can have a significant impact on the cost of a solar panel installation. Below are some of the more important things to keep in mind.
The cost of solar panel systems varies by thousands of dollars due to a variety of factors. One of the key factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems that have higher efficiency or power production need better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can raise costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,550. There are a lot of different solar panel brands and the one you choose also changes the cost. In many cases, the brands that are more efficient tend to also be more expensive. Plus, the type of equipment you're looking to get can affect your total cost. If you only need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in East Caln to be prohibitively costly, even if the investment pays off over time. Fortunately, nearly every solar company in the area provides access to financing options. Solar loans greatly decrease upfront costs for most homeowners, but they also result in paying more over time because of interest. It's wise to factor the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to put more money down upfront, you can reduce your total costs and how long it'll take to pay back the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you select will play a role in your total cost to go solar. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. The company's size sometimes plays the most significant role in the cost of installation. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower pricing due to greater resources and bulk pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they generally have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or promotion can bring their pricing lower to compete with bigger names.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$13,316||11.4 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$18,041||11.2 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$22,908||10.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$27,918||10.7 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$33,070||10.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$38,366||10.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$43,804||10.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$49,385||9.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar system installation will affect the warranties and brands available to you, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because selecting a company can be difficult, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and how much efficiency they need. While there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you take a look at their list of offerings before making your decision.
- Reputation: Make sure your solar installer has a good reputation by verifying it has certifications and licenses, checking how long it's been in business and reading reviews by past customers and solar experts like EcoWatch.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar company, make sure you read it through fully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you aren't sure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a component breaks or malfunctions and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Warranty: A quality company rises above other companies by providing the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
EcoWatch's East Caln, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.