Solar Panel Cost Guide in Eagleville, PA (Jan 2023)
- Eagleville Solar Installation Cost: $11,763
- 25-Year Savings: $14,882
- Payback Period: 11.0 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Eagleville
Many homeowners opt for a solar panel installer since trying to put up solar panels on your own can be challenging. A solar installer can also help save you money in the long run by offering warranties, repairs and system component replacements.
If you're on the hunt for a solar company in Eagleville, the EcoWatch team has put together a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Eagleville
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Eagleville
Cost is typically one of the most important factors for homeowners wanting to invest in solar. There are a few major factors that determine your overall cost in Eagleville: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll cover each of these briefly below.
System size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that influences the overall cost of going solar. That's why it's crucial to accurately assess the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your average energy use. The brand and kind of equipment you want for your solar system can increase or decrease the price quite significantly. If you prefer a trusted brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these are often more expensive than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have limited roof space or just want maximum energy production, you will be looking at a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to greater savings over time. Also, if you want extra equipment like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar panels out of pocket can be difficult. Solar loans are available from most installers in Eagleville, which can reduce, or in some cases eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more accessible. However, the interest on solar loans also increases your all-in costs, so it's important to include that in your estimate as well. You can always bring down the total you pay in interest and sometimes even your APR by making a larger down payment.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Lastly, the company you get to install your solar system can influence how much you pay. Eagleville's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. Some companies only sell products with high efficiency and therefore a higher price point — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally cost more. It's best to do some research and find a company that has the products, warranties and services you want and also fits within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$13,139||11.5 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$17,804||11.2 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$22,612||11.0 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$27,562||10.8 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$32,656||10.6 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$37,892||10.4 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$43,271||10.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$48,793||9.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar installer you opt for will impact not only your total costs, but also the kinds of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you can get. When choosing a solar company, there are a few important things you should keep in mind, including:
- Installation Process: An important thing to understand when adopting solar energy is the installation process itself. Be sure to align on any details you should know with your solar installer, such as what permits you should acquire and how long the project will take.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar company, make sure to look it over fully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're unsure about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and how much efficiency they need. While there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to ask for their list of offerings before deciding.
- Reputation: Long-standing companies likely have a solid reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar installation through, but will also provide adequate aftercare and customer support, such as part repairs and replacements.
EcoWatch's Eagleville, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.