Solar Panel Cost Guide in Dunmore, PA (Jan 2023)
- Dunmore Solar Installation Cost: $12,370
- 25-Year Savings: $11,941
- Payback Period: 12.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Dunmore
Although you can install solar panels yourself, it takes extra labor and handiness. For that reason, the majority of homeowners choose a solar panel installer. The payback period on an investment in solar panels will vary depending on factors like your location and energy usage, but working with a solar installer can shorten it. Your provider will be able to help you apply for incentives available in your area.
You can get a free quote from a local solar installer on the cost of solar panels for your home. Here are some nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Dunmore
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Dunmore
There are many criteria that can determine your total installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that performs the installation.
The size of the solar panel system you need, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most significant cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, you can expect your total to increase by about $2,550. The brand of solar panels and equipment you choose is another factor that will greatly impact costs. Solar panels that are more efficient, like monocrystalline panels, tend to come at a higher price. Moreover, solar equipment consists of more than just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to think about the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when looking into a solar system that's in your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar out of pocket can be a challenge. Solar loans are available from most installers in Dunmore, which can reduce, or in some cases eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more accessible. It's wise to factor the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to put more money down upfront, you can reduce your total costs and how long it'll take to pay off the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you pick will impact your total cost to go solar. Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. The company's size sometimes plays the most considerable role in the installation costs. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower prices due to greater resources and bulk pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they generally have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or discount can bring their pricing down to compete with bigger names.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$9,910||13.2 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$13,499||13.0 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$17,231||12.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$21,106||12.5 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$25,123||12.2 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$29,284||12.0 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$33,587||11.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$38,033||11.4 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar installer you opt for will affect not only your overall costs, but also the types of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you have access to. When choosing a solar company, there are a few important things you should consider, including:
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for renewable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to do the job well. Another way you can check your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar installer, make sure you read it through fully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not sure about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies will have various brands and types of panels. If you want a specific brand, make sure the solar company you're considering has it.
- Warranty: If you're concerned about the endurance of your solar panels, making sure your installer offers a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty can help put you at ease.
EcoWatch's Dunmore, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.