Solar Panel Cost Guide in Drexel Hill, PA (Jan 2023)
- Drexel Hill Solar Installation Cost: $11,620
- 25-Year Savings: $15,025
- Payback Period: 10.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Drexel Hill
When making the switch to solar, many homeowners choose to go with a solar installation company since putting up solar panels yourself can be a challenging project. A solar company can also help save you money over the lifespan of your system by offering warranties, repairs and system component replacements.
If you're on the hunt for a solar company in Drexel Hill, the EcoWatch team has put together a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Drexel Hill
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Drexel Hill
The cost of installing a solar system in Drexel Hill can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost is determined by several factors. The most significant one is your system size, and other factors include the equipment you choose, financing options and the solar company you choose.
Solar system size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that affects the overall cost of going solar. That's why it's crucial to accurately assess the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your average energy use. The kind of solar equipment you choose can bring your price up or down by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you get the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. On the other hand, more efficient panels could save you more in the long run on your energy bills. Additionally, extra products, like solar batteries, can bump up your total well above the Drexel Hill average.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on energy bills over many years, but they can also be a significant investment. That's why many Drexel Hill homeowners choose to finance their solar panel systems to make going solar more affordable. Though solar loans make going solar more accessible for Drexel Hill homeowners, they can also raise the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate. If you make a larger down payment, though, you can cut back on how much interest you have to pay.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final consideration when trying to figure out the cost of solar for your home or business in Drexel Hill is the company you get to install your PV system. As with choosing a company to build a deck or pool, for instance, there are plenty of solar installers that offer a range of services for different budgets. Additionally, some companies in Drexel Hill have more knowledge about local solar incentives and can help you take advantage of additional rebates or tax exemptions. Though, they may charge more for that service. Even if they cost more upfront, they could end up saving you more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$13,415||11.3 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$18,172||11.1 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$23,072||10.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$28,114||10.7 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$33,300||10.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$38,628||10.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$44,100||10.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$49,713||9.8 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel brands and price points. To help you decide on the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar company, make sure you look it over completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not sure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a part breaks or malfunctions and what services you can expect from them.
- Reputation: Well-established companies likely have a high reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar installation through, but will also provide adequate aftercare and customer service, such as part repairs and replacements.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and model offers varying levels of quality, durability and energy efficiency. They will come at different prices as well. The company you choose affects which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Installation Process: Homeowners should make sure they understand how exactly the installation process will go, as well as important factors like the project completion timeline.
EcoWatch's Drexel Hill, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.