Solar Panel Cost Guide in Dickson City, PA (Jan 2023)
- Dickson City Solar Installation Cost: $12,370
- 25-Year Savings: $11,941
- Payback Period: 12.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Dickson City
Although you can install solar panels by yourself, it takes extra effort and know-how. That's one of the reasons the majority of homeowners choose to go with a solar panel installer. Companies can also provide access to a large variety of the best solar panels and help you pick which one will be best for your family.
Working with a vetted solar company can help your solar project go smoothly. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Dickson City
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Dickson City
The cost of installing a solar system in Dickson City can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost depends on several factors. The largest one is your system size, and other factors include the equipment you choose, financing options and the solar installer you choose.
One of the most significant factors to consider when it comes to the cost of adopting solar energy is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more electricity your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to spend around $2,550 per kilowatt in Dickson City. Some solar brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more costly upfront but also tend to offer higher efficiency. In a city like Dickson City, where sunlight isn't as abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Plus, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be a better option. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Dickson City have solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing a solar system. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of loans, including the amount of interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you're only able to get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars more than the principal cost. Making a larger down payment or finding a solar loan with a low interest rate could reduce your costs remarkably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final factor to keep in mind when trying to estimate the cost of solar for your home or business in Dickson City is the company you choose to install your solar system. As with choosing a company to install new cabinets, for instance, there are plenty of solar installers that provide a range of services at different costs. The size of the company sometimes plays the most considerable role in the cost. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower prices because of greater resources and bulk pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they generally have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or discount can bring their pricing down to compete with bigger names.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$9,910||13.2 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$13,499||13.0 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$17,231||12.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$21,106||12.5 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$25,123||12.2 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$29,284||12.0 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$33,587||11.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$38,033||11.4 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar panel installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Since choosing a company can be difficult, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Contract: Though reading through a contract can take a lot of time, it's important to do it fully so you can be sure you understand what services your solar company will provide and the terms of the warranty.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and how much efficiency they need. Although there are many options for which type of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to ask for their list of offerings before deciding.
- Installation Process: Get details from your solar installer about the installation process and what to expect, such as when the site survey will be done and how long it will take.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a solid reputation as a company and have verifiable expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has satisfied reviews from previous customers.
EcoWatch's Dickson City, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.