Solar Panel Cost Guide in Cumru, PA (Feb 2023)
- Cumru Solar Installation Cost: $11,870
- 25-Year Savings: $13,244
- Payback Period: 11.8 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Cumru
Installing solar panels on your own can be a stressful project, which is why using a solar installation company is a good option for many homeowners. Companies can also provide access to a large variety of the best solar panels and help you decide which one will be right for you.
If you're on the hunt for a solar company in Cumru, the EcoWatch team has organized a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Cumru
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Cumru
The cost of installing a solar system in Cumru can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost depends on several factors. The most significant one is the size of the system you need, and other factors include the equipment you choose, financing options and the solar installer you choose.
When it comes to estimating the cost of solar panels in Cumru, one of the most crucial factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are chiefly based on your home's energy consumption, which you can figure out by looking at past power bills. Your overall cost can increase by around $2,550 for each additional kilowatt you need. The brand and kind of equipment you want for your solar system can raise or lower the price quite significantly. If you prefer a trusted brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these often come at a higher price than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have limited roof space or just want maximum energy production, you can expect a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to more savings over time. Also, if you want additional equipment like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also raise the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system out of pocket is too expensive, solar loans are an affordable choice because they lower your upfront costs and let you pay for your system over a term of, on average, between five and seven years. When considering your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you decide on a solar loan. Also, paying a higher down payment can reduce the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you pick will impact your total cost to adopt solar energy. Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. Additionally, some companies in Cumru know more about local solar incentives and can help you make good use of additional rebates or tax exemptions. However, they may charge more for walking you through the whole process. Even if they cost more upfront, they could end up saving you more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$11,518||12.3 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$15,643||12.1 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$19,911||11.8 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$24,321||11.6 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$28,874||11.3 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$33,570||11.1 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$38,409||10.9 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$43,391||10.6 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the type of solar panels and the company you choose has an impact on your costs and your system's durability and efficiency, it's important to pick the right ones for you. Here are some things to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and model offers varying levels of quality, longevity and efficiency. They will come at different price points as well. The company you choose has an impact on which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for renewable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to do the job well. Another way you can research your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Installation Process: Get detailed information from your solar company about the installation process and what to expect, such as when the site survey will be done and how long it will take.
- Contract: Though reading through a contract can be tedious, it's important to do it fully so you can be sure you understand how much the equipment and services will cost and the terms of the warranty.
EcoWatch's Cumru, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.