Solar Panel Cost Guide in Conoy, PA (Feb 2023)
- Conoy Solar Installation Cost: $11,727
- 25-Year Savings: $13,355
- Payback Period: 11.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Conoy
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a way to cut costs, but it's an undertaking that can be a pain. Going with a solar panel installer can make your switch to solar power much easier. A solar company can also help save you money over the lifespan of your system by offering warranties, repairs and system component replacements.
There are various licensed solar professionals that can install solar panels for you. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Conoy
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Conoy
Cost is often one of the most important factors for homeowners who are considering investing in solar. There are a few key factors that affect your total cost in Conoy: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll go over each of these briefly below.
One of the most important factors to consider when it comes to the cost of going solar is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more electricity your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to spend around $2,550 per kilowatt in Conoy. The type of solar equipment you choose can bring your price up or down by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you opt for the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. However, more efficient panels could save you more in the long run on your energy bills. In addition, add-on products, like solar batteries, can bump up your total well above the Conoy average.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Conoy to be too steep, even if the investment pays off over time. Fortunately, nearly every solar installer in the area provides access to financing options. Solar loans remarkably decrease upfront costs for most homeowners, but they also lead to paying more over time because of interest. It's wise to include the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to pay a higher down payment, you can reduce your total costs and the amount of time it'll take to pay off the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Finally, the company you opt for to install your solar system can impact how much it costs. Conoy's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. Additionally, some companies in Conoy have more knowledge about local solar incentives and can help you take advantage of additional rebates or tax exemptions. However, they may charge more for that service. Even if they cost more upfront, they could help you save more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$11,761||12.2 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$15,967||11.9 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$20,316||11.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$24,807||11.5 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$29,441||11.2 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$34,219||11.0 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$39,138||10.8 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$44,201||10.5 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar panel company you choose will influence not only your total costs, but also the types of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you can get. When choosing a solar company, there are a few important things you should consider, such as:
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and kind offers varying levels of quality, durability and energy efficiency. They will come at different prices as well. The company you choose affects which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar company, make sure to read it through fully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're unsure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a part breaks or malfunctions and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Reputation: Companies that have been operating for many years likely have a high reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar installation through, but will also provide adequate aftercare and customer service, such as part repairs and replacements.
- Installation Process: When making the switch to solar power, it's essential to maintain an open line of communication with your solar panel installer. Confirm that you understand how the installation process works and the project timeline.
EcoWatch's Conoy, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.