Solar Panel Cost Guide in Conestoga, PA (Jan 2023)
- Conestoga Solar Installation Cost: $11,727
- 25-Year Savings: $13,285
- Payback Period: 11.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Conestoga
Many homeowners opt for a solar installer since figuring out how to install solar panels on your own can be hard. Also, companies with a high reputation that are more expensive upfront could actually save you money in the long term because of their warranties, repair services and expert design.
You can work with a local solar installer to get a free estimate on the cost of solar panels for your home. Here are some in Conestoga:
See all of the solar companies in Conestoga
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Conestoga
For many Conestoga homeowners, the decision to install a solar energy system rests on cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Conestoga, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are a few factors that significantly influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
When it comes to estimating the cost of a solar energy system in Conestoga, one of the most important factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are mainly based on your home's energy usage, which you can determine by looking at past power bills. Your total cost can increase by around $2,550 for each additional kilowatt you need. The kind of solar panels and equipment you want is another factor that will considerably influence costs. Solar panels that have higher efficiency, like monocrystalline panels, tend to be more pricey. Further, solar equipment goes beyond just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to consider the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when looking into a solar system that falls within your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for a solar system out of pocket can be financially overwhelming. Solar loans are offered by most installers in Conestoga, which can reduce, or in some cases totally eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more affordable. However, the interest on solar loans also increases your overall costs, so it's important to consider that as well. You can always lower the total you pay in interest and possibly even your APR by putting more money down.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Finally, the company you opt for to install your solar panels can impact how much it costs. Conestoga's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. You may come across national solar installers that have lower prices due to their bigger brand name and access to bulk prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those major players.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$11,696||12.2 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$15,881||12.0 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$20,208||11.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$24,678||11.5 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$29,291||11.3 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$34,046||11.0 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$38,945||10.8 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$43,986||10.6 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your system installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because picking a company can be difficult, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Installation Process: When making the switch to solar energy, it's necessary to maintain an open line of communication with your solar panel installer. Confirm that you understand how the installation process will go and the project timeline.
- Contract: When looking through your solar installer's contract, ask for clarification about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system component breaking or if the company goes out of business.
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies will carry different brands and models of panels. If you prefer a specific brand, make sure the solar company you're considering has it.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a good reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can check your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
EcoWatch's Conestoga, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.