Solar Panel Cost Guide in Collegeville, PA (Jan 2023)
- Collegeville Solar Installation Cost: $11,763
- 25-Year Savings: $14,882
- Payback Period: 11.0 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Collegeville
Installing solar panels by yourself can be a stressful task, which is why using a solar installation company is a good option for many homeowners. The expertise that solar installers provide can be helpful as well, especially if you don't quite know what kind of solar equipment would be right for your home.
You can work with a local solar installer to get a free estimate on how much your investment in solar could cost for your home. Here are some in Collegeville:
See all of the solar companies in Collegeville
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Collegeville
There are a number of criteria that can play into your installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar system.
System size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that affects the overall cost of going solar. For that reason, it's a priority to accurately gauge the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your energy needs. The brand and type of equipment you want for your solar system can raise or lower the price quite significantly. If you prefer a trusted brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these are often more expensive than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have a small roof or just want maximum energy production, you can expect a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to greater savings over time. Plus, if you want extra equipment like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also raise the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on power bills over many years, but they can also be a big investment. That's why many Collegeville homeowners opt to finance their solar panel systems to make paying for solar more affordable. When trying to figure out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you opt for a solar loan. Also, paying more upfront can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you select will affect your total cost to go solar. Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. The size of the company sometimes plays the most considerable role in the cost of installation. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower pricing because of greater resources and bulk pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they generally have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or promotion can bring their pricing down to compete with bigger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$13,139||11.5 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$17,804||11.2 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$22,612||11.0 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$27,562||10.8 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$32,656||10.6 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$37,892||10.4 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$43,271||10.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$48,793||9.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your system installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Since selecting a company can be difficult, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a good reputation as a company and have verifiable expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has satisfied reviews from past customers.
- Warranty: If you're concerned about the durability of your solar panels, checking if your installer offers a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty can help put you at ease.
- Contract: Read the contract terms carefully to make sure you understand how much it will cost, project completion timeline rebates and warranties.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their roof configurations and how much efficiency they need. While there are many options for which brand of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you take a look at their list of options before making your decision.
EcoWatch's Collegeville, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.