Solar Panel Cost Guide in Clifton Heights, PA (Feb 2023)
- Clifton Heights Solar Installation Cost: $11,620
- 25-Year Savings: $15,025
- Payback Period: 10.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Clifton Heights
Many homeowners choose to use a solar installation company since figuring out how to install solar panels on your own can be a labor-intensive endeavor. Also, companies with a high reputation that are more expensive upfront could actually save you money in the long run due to their warranties, repair services and expert design.
If you'd like to switch to solar energy but still aren't certain which solar panel company to go with, here are our recommendations for providers nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Clifton Heights
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Clifton Heights
For many Clifton Heights homeowners, the decision to install a solar energy system comes down to cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Clifton Heights, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are numerous factors that significantly influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
The size of the solar system you need for your household, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most significant cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, you can expect your total to increase by nearly $2,550. The solar equipment you choose can bring your price up or down by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you opt for the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. On the other hand, more efficient panels could save you more over time on your energy bills. In addition, add-on products, such as solar batteries, can bump up your total well above the Clifton Heights average.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for a solar system out of pocket can be difficult. Solar loans are provided by most installers in Clifton Heights, which can bring down, or in some cases completely eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more accessible. It's wise to factor the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to put more money down upfront, you can reduce your total costs and how long it'll take to pay off the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar panel installation company you choose will affect your total cost to adopt solar energy. Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. Additionally, some companies in Clifton Heights have more knowledge about local solar incentives and can help you make good use of additional rebates or tax exemptions. Though, they may charge more for that service. Even if they cost more upfront, they could help you save more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$13,415||11.3 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$18,172||11.1 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$23,072||10.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$28,114||10.7 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$33,300||10.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$38,628||10.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$44,100||10.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$49,713||9.8 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar company you choose will affect not only your overall costs, but also the types of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you can get. When choosing a solar company, there are several important things you should keep in mind, including:
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and kind has varying levels of quality, longevity and energy efficiency. They will come at different prices as well. The company you choose affects which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a sound reputation as a company and have proven expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has satisfied reviews from past customers.
- Contract: When looking over your solar installer's contract, ask questions about any terms you're not sure of and make sure you understand what happens in scenarios like a system component breaking or the company going out of business.
- Installation Process: One of the most important things to understand when adopting solar energy is the installation process itself. Be sure to clarify any details you should know with your solar company, such as what permits you should acquire and how long the project will take.
EcoWatch's Clifton Heights, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.