Solar Panel Cost Guide in Chambersburg, PA (Feb 2023)
- Chambersburg Solar Installation Cost: $11,888
- 25-Year Savings: $14,572
- Payback Period: 11.2 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Chambersburg
Putting up solar panels on your own can be a stressful project, which is why hiring a solar installation company is a good option for many homeowners. A solar company can also help save you money over the lifespan of your system by offering warranties, repairs and component replacements.
There are several licensed solar professionals that can take care of your solar installation project. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Chambersburg
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Chambersburg
There are many factors that can influence your solar system installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that does the installation.
The cost of solar panels varies by thousands of dollars due to a few different factors. One of the notable factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems that have higher efficiency or power generation use better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can raise costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,550. The solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you get the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. However, higher efficiency could save you more over time on your power bills. Additionally, extra products, like solar batteries, can bring your total well above the Chambersburg average.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Chambersburg have solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing a solar system. It's wise to add the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to put more money down upfront, you can reduce your total costs and how long it'll take to pay back the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The last key cost factor you should take into consideration is the installer you choose. Given the booming popularity of sustainable energy solutions in Chambersburg, you'll have a great number of options to choose from, but each comes at varying price points for labor and equipment. Companies that only sell high-efficiency and high-priced products — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally cost more. It's best to do some research and find a company that offers the products, warranties and services you're looking for and also fit into your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$12,690||11.7 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$17,206||11.5 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$21,865||11.2 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$26,666||11.0 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$31,610||10.8 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$36,697||10.6 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$41,927||10.3 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$47,299||10.1 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the kind of solar panels and the company you choose greatly influences your costs and your system's efficiency, production, and durability, it's important to pick the right ones for you. Here are some things to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Reputation: Make sure your solar system installer has a good reputation by verifying it has certifications and licenses, checking its work history and reading reviews by previous customers and solar experts like the EcoWatch team.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar company, make sure to look it over completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're unsure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a component breaks or malfunctions and what services you can expect from them.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and energy needs. While there are many options for which kind of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to peruse their list of options before deciding.
- Installation Process: An important thing to understand when adopting solar power is the installation process itself. Be sure to clarify any details you need to know with your solar installer, such as what permits you should secure and what the project timeline is.
EcoWatch's Chambersburg, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.