Solar Panel Cost Guide in Centre, PA (Jan 2023)
- Centre Solar Installation Cost: $11,870
- 25-Year Savings: $13,298
- Payback Period: 11.8 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Centre
When going solar, many homeowners decide to hire a solar installation company since DIY solar panel installation can be a time-consuming project. A solar company can also help save you money over the lifespan of your system by offering warranties, repairs and part replacements.
There are several licensed solar professionals that can help you install your solar panels. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Centre
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Centre
For many Centre homeowners, the decision to install solar panels comes down to cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Centre, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are a few factors that significantly influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
The cost of solar panel systems varies by thousands of dollars due to some different factors. One of the key factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems with better efficiency or power generation require better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can increase costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,550. There are several different solar panel brands and the one you choose also affects the cost. In general, the brands that offer higher efficiency tend to also be more expensive. Plus, the type of equipment you choose can affect your total cost. If you only need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on utility bills over many years, but they can also be a significant investment. That's why many Centre homeowners decide to finance their solar panel systems to make going solar more affordable. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of loans, including the amount of interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you're only able to get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars above the equipment and labor cost. Making a larger down payment or getting a solar loan with a low APR could reduce your costs significantly.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you select will impact your total cost to make the switch to solar . Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. The size of the company sometimes plays the most significant role in the installation costs. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower prices due to greater resources and bulk pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they generally have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or discount can bring their pricing down to compete with bigger names.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$11,566||12.3 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$15,707||12.0 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$19,991||11.8 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$24,418||11.6 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$28,987||11.3 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$33,699||11.1 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$38,554||10.8 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$43,552||10.6 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the kind of solar panels and the installer you choose significantly influences your costs and your system's efficiency, production, and durability, it's important to select the right ones for you. Here are some things to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Contract: It's important to read your solar installer's contract fully to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what you can expect about the installation process.
- Reputation: Make sure your solar installer has a good reputation by verifying it has certifications and licenses, checking its work history and reading reviews by previous customers and solar experts like the EcoWatch team.
- Warranty: Warranties that provide coverage for replacement parts and repairs over a long period of time such as 25 years are the best you can get in the business, and offering such a warranty is one mark of a quality company.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and how much efficiency they need. Although there are many options for which type of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to take a look at their list of offerings before deciding.
EcoWatch's Centre, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.