Solar Panel Cost Guide in Carlisle, PA (Jan 2023)
- Carlisle Solar Installation Cost: $11,888
- 25-Year Savings: $14,398
- Payback Period: 11.3 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Carlisle
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a way to cut costs, but it's an undertaking that can be a headache. Taking advantage of a solar panel installer can make your swap to solar power much easier. Companies can also provide access to a large variety of the best solar panels and help you choose which one will be best for your family.
If you'd like to go solar but still aren't certain which solar system installer to go with, here are our suggestions for providers in Carlisle:
See all of the solar companies in Carlisle
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Carlisle
Cost is typically one of the most important factors for homeowners wanting to invest in solar. There are a few key factors that will push your cost above or below the average in Carlisle: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll cover each of these briefly below.
The size of the solar system you need, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most significant cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by around $2,550. Some solar panel brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more expensive upfront but also tend to offer higher efficiency. In a city like Carlisle, where sunlight is relatively abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Plus, if you have a small roof or you don't have a lot of space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be more impactful. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Carlisle to be too steep, even if the investment pays off over time. Fortunately, nearly every solar installer in the area provides access to financing options. Solar loans drastically decrease upfront costs in most cases, but they also lead to a higher cost over time due to interest. While solar loans make adopting solar energy more accessible for Carlisle homeowners, they can also add to the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate. If you put down a larger down payment, though, you can cut back on how much interest you have to pay.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you go with to handle your switch to renewable energy can play a role in your total costs. There are about 3 solar panel companies operating in Carlisle, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. Additionally, some companies in Carlisle are more knowledgeable about local solar incentives and can help you learn about additional rebates or tax exemptions. However, they may charge more for that service. Even if they cost more upfront, they could help you save more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$12,534||11.8 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$16,998||11.5 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$21,605||11.3 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$26,354||11.1 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$31,246||10.9 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$36,281||10.6 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$41,459||10.4 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$46,779||10.2 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are numerous companies available in Carlisle, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Selecting the right company for you can be difficult, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Installation Process: One of the most important things to understand when going solar is the installation process itself. Be sure to clarify any details you need to know with your solar installer, such as what permits you should secure and how long the project will take.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a solid reputation as a company and have verifiable expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has good reviews from previous customers.
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies have different brands and kinds of panels. If you know you want a specific brand, make sure the solar panel company you're considering has it.
- Contract: When looking over your solar company's contract, ask questions about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system part breaking or if the company goes out of business.
EcoWatch's Carlisle, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.