Solar Panel Cost Guide in Bridgeport, PA (Jan 2023)
- Bridgeport Solar Installation Cost: $11,763
- 25-Year Savings: $14,882
- Payback Period: 11.0 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Bridgeport
Although you can install solar panels by yourself, it takes extra energy and expertise. For that reason, most homeowners choose to hire a solar panel installer. Plus, if you're not certain what kind of solar panels and equipment you need, a solar company can help you figure that out after a site survey and consultation.
There are a number of licensed solar professionals that can install solar panels for you. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Bridgeport
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Bridgeport
The cost of installing a solar system in Bridgeport can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost is dependent on several factors. The largest one is your system size, and other factors include the equipment you choose, financing options and the solar company you choose.
The size of the solar energy system you need to offset your energy usage, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most significant cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by about $2,550. Some solar panel brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more costly upfront but also tend to offer higher efficiency. In a city like Bridgeport, where sunlight is relatively abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Plus, if you have a small roof or you don't have a lot of space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be more impactful. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system out of pocket is difficult, solar loans are a popular option because they lower your upfront costs and let you pay for your system over a term of, on average, between five and seven years. When trying to figure out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you opt for a solar loan. Also, paying a higher down payment can reduce the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final factor to keep in mind when trying to figure out the cost of solar for your home or business in Bridgeport is the company you get to install your PV system. As with choosing a company to install new cabinets, for example, you'll have no shortage of solar installers that provide a range of services for different budgets. Additionally, some companies in Bridgeport know more about local solar incentives and can help you learn about additional rebates or tax exemptions. However, they may charge more for walking you through the whole process. Even if they cost more upfront, they could help you save more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$13,139||11.5 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$17,804||11.2 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$22,612||11.0 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$27,562||10.8 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$32,656||10.6 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$37,892||10.4 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$43,271||10.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$48,793||9.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the type of solar panels and the installation company you choose significantly affects your costs and your system's efficiency, production, and durability, it's important to pick the right ones for you. Here are some things to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a sound reputation as a company and have demonstrated expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has good reviews from previous customers.
- Warranty: If you care about the endurance of your solar panel system, ensuring your installer offers a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty can give you some peace of mind.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar company, make sure you look it over fully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you aren't sure about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Solar Panel Brands: Not all solar companies offer the same brands of solar panels, so the brand and type of panel you want can play a large role in the company you opt for.
EcoWatch's Bridgeport, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.