Solar Panel Cost Guide in Birmingham, PA (Jan 2023)
- Birmingham Solar Installation Cost: $11,674
- 25-Year Savings: $14,972
- Payback Period: 10.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Birmingham
Installing solar panels yourself can be a difficult task, which is why hiring a solar installation company is a good option for many homeowners. The expertise that solar installers offer can be useful as well, particularly if you don't quite know what kind of solar equipment you need.
There are a number of licensed solar professionals that can help you install your solar system. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Birmingham
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Birmingham
Even though the average cost of a solar system in Birmingham is $11,674, your final cost may be higher or lower than that. There are many factors that can have a sizable impact on the cost of a residential solar panel installation. Below are some of the more important things to take into consideration.
Solar system size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that influences the overall cost of installing solar panels. For that reason, it's a priority to accurately ascertain the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your typical energy use. The kind of solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you opt for the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. On the other hand, more efficient panels could save you more in the long run on your power bills. In addition, extra products, such as solar batteries, can bring your total well above the Birmingham average.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Birmingham have solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing a solar system. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of loans, including the total interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you can only get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars above the equipment and labor cost. Making a larger down payment or finding a solar loan with a low APR could reduce your costs remarkably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar panel installer you choose will influence your total cost to make the switch to solar energy. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. The company's size can sometimes play the most significant role in your total costs. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower pricing because they have more resources and better pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they can sometimes have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or discount can bring their pricing down to compete with bigger names.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$13,316||11.4 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$18,041||11.2 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$22,908||10.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$27,918||10.7 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$33,070||10.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$38,366||10.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$43,804||10.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$49,385||9.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar panel company you choose will influence not only your overall costs, but also the types of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you can get. When choosing a solar company, there are several important things you should take into account, such as:
- Installation Process: An important thing to understand when going solar is the installation process itself. Be sure to clarify any details you should know with your solar installer, such as what permits you should secure and what the project timeline is.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and how much efficiency they need. While there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to peruse their list of options before making your decision.
- Contract: Look through the contract terms carefully to make sure you understand how much it will cost, project timeline incentives and warranties.
- Reputation: Make sure your solar system installer has a good reputation by confirming it has certifications and licenses, checking its number of years in business and reading reviews by previous customers and solar experts like the EcoWatch team.
EcoWatch's Birmingham, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.