Solar Panel Cost Guide in Bedminster, PA (Feb 2023)
- Bedminster Solar Installation Cost: $11,745
- 25-Year Savings: $14,032
- Payback Period: 11.4 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Bedminster
Although it's possible to install solar panels by yourself, it involves extra effort and know-how. For that reason, most homeowners choose to hire a solar panel installer. Some solar installers, especially local ones, can help you take advantage of incentives in Bedminster, therefore optimizing your ROI.
If you'd like to start using solar energy but still aren't certain which solar panel company to go with, here are our recommendations for providers near you:
See all of the solar companies in Bedminster
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Bedminster
For many Bedminster homeowners, the decision to go solar comes down to cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Bedminster, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are numerous factors that greatly influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
When it comes to estimating the price of a solar system in Bedminster, one of the most crucial factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are chiefly based on your home's energy consumption, which you can determine by looking at past power bills. Your overall cost can increase by around $2,550 for each additional kilowatt you need. There are many different solar panel brands and the one you pick also changes the cost. Generally speaking, the brands that are more efficient tend to also be more expensive. In addition, the type of equipment you want to install can affect your total cost. If you only need panels, your system will be much less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for solar panels in cash is too expensive, solar loans are a popular route because they lower your upfront costs and let you pay for your system over a term of, on average, between five and seven years. When trying to figure out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you go with a solar loan. Also, paying a higher down payment can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you opt for to handle your switch to green energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies operating in Bedminster, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. Larger national companies typically have lower costs, but some local companies compete with them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or extra services like electric vehicle charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$12,354||11.9 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$16,758||11.6 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$21,305||11.4 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$25,994||11.2 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$30,826||10.9 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$35,801||10.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$40,919||10.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$46,179||10.3 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar panel installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Since choosing a company can be a tough decision, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and type offers varying levels of quality, durability and energy efficiency. They will come at different costs as well. The company you choose has an impact on which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a sound reputation as a company and have proven expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has good reviews from previous customers.
- Contract: It's important to read your solar installer's contract well to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what you can expect about the installation process.
- Warranty: Warranties that provide coverage for defective panels and repairs over a long period of time such as 25 years are the best you can get in the business, and offering such a warranty is one sign of a quality company.
EcoWatch's Bedminster, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.