Solar Panel Cost Guide in Arlington Heights, PA (Jan 2023)
- Arlington Heights Solar Installation Cost: $12,138
- 25-Year Savings: $12,816
- Payback Period: 12.2 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Arlington Heights
Many homeowners opt for a solar panel company since trying to put up solar panels on your own can be a lot of work. Solar warranties and repairs are typically included in the cost of installation when you sign a contract with a solar contractor too, which can save you more money over time.
If you'd like to go solar but still aren't certain which solar company to go with, here are our suggestions for providers in Arlington Heights:
See all of the solar companies in Arlington Heights
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Arlington Heights
While the average cost of a solar system in Arlington Heights is $12,138, your final cost may differ. There are several factors that can have a major impact on the cost of a solar panel installation. Below are some of the more important things to take into consideration.
The cost of solar panels varies by thousands of dollars due to some different factors. One of the notable factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems with greater efficiency or power production need better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can increase costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,550. There are a lot of different solar panel brands and the one you pick also changes the cost. Generally speaking, the brands that are more efficient tend to also cost more. Plus, the type of equipment you're looking to get can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be much less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system in cash is too expensive, solar loans are a solid choice because they decrease your upfront costs and let you pay for your system over a term of, on average, between five and seven years. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of financing options, including the total interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you're only able to get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars above the equipment and labor cost. Making a larger down payment or getting a solar loan with a low interest rate could reduce your costs considerably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you opt for to handle your switch to green energy can play a role in your total costs. There are about 3 solar panel companies operating throughout Arlington Heights, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. Some companies only sell products with high efficiency and therefore a higher price point — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally come at a higher cost. It's best to do some research and go with the company that provides the products, warranties and services you're looking for and also is within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$10,874||12.6 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$14,785||12.4 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$18,838||12.2 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$23,034||11.9 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$27,373||11.7 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$31,855||11.4 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$36,479||11.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$41,246||10.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel models and price points. To help you find the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Installation Process: Make sure you're on the same page with the installer regarding how the installation process will go and what you need to do before your solar panels are installed, such as updating your electrical system or roof.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar installer, make sure you look it over carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not certain about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Warranty: A high-quality company rises above other companies by providing the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and how much efficiency they need. Although there are many options for which type of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you peruse their list of offerings before deciding.
EcoWatch's Arlington Heights, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.