Solar Panel Cost Guide in Archbald, PA (Feb 2023)
- Archbald Solar Installation Cost: $12,370
- 25-Year Savings: $13,513
- Payback Period: 11.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Archbald
Putting up solar panels on your own can be a stressful undertaking, which is why using a solar installation company is a good option for many homeowners. Companies can also offer access to quality options of the best solar panels and help you decide which one will be right for your home.
Working with a professional solar installer can help your solar project go smoothly. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Archbald
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Archbald
Cost is typically one of the most important factors for homeowners considering investing in solar. There are a few major factors that determine your overall cost in Archbald: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll go over each of these briefly below.
One of the most significant factors to consider when it comes to the cost of going solar is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more electricity your household consumes, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to spend about $2,550 per kilowatt in Archbald. The type of solar panels and equipment you want is another factor that will significantly impact costs. Solar panels that are more efficient, like monocrystalline panels, tend to be more pricey. Plus, solar equipment goes beyond just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to make decisions about the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when searching for a solar system that falls within your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Archbald to be prohibitively expensive, even if the investment pays off over time. Thankfully, almost every solar company in the area offers financing options. Solar loans greatly decrease upfront costs for most homeowners, but they also result in higher prices over time because of interest. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of financing options, including the amount of interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you're only able to get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars above the equipment and labor cost. Making a larger down payment or securing a solar loan with a low APR could reduce your costs significantly.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The last significant cost factor you should take into consideration is the installer you choose. Given the growing popularity of clean energy solutions in Archbald, you'll have plenty of options to choose from, but each comes at various price points for labor and equipment. Larger national companies typically have lower costs, but some local companies undercut them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or extra services like electric vehicle charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$11,272||12.4 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$15,314||12.2 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$19,500||11.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$23,828||11.7 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$28,300||11.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$32,914||11.2 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$37,670||11.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$42,570||10.8 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are numerous companies available in Archbald, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Selecting the right company for you can be tough, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Contract: When reading over your solar installer's contract, ask for clarification about any terms you're not sure of and make sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system part breaking or if the company goes out of business.
- Reputation: Make sure your solar installer has a good reputation by confirming it has certifications and licenses, checking how long it's been in business and reading reviews by previous customers and solar experts like the EcoWatch team.
- Installation Process: Get details from your solar company about the installation process and what to expect, including when the site survey will be completed and how long it will take.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their roof configurations and how much efficiency they need. Even though there are many options for which kind of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you ask for their list of options before making your decision.
EcoWatch's Archbald, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.