Solar Panel Cost Guide in Amity Gardens, PA (Jan 2023)
- Amity Gardens Solar Installation Cost: $11,870
- 25-Year Savings: $14,251
- Payback Period: 11.4 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Amity Gardens
Trying to put up solar panels yourself can be a time-consuming task, which is why hiring a solar installer is a good option for many homeowners. The expertise that solar installers offer can be invaluable as well, especially if you aren't sure what kind of solar equipment would be right for your home.
There are various licensed solar professionals that can take care of your solar installation project. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Amity Gardens
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Amity Gardens
There are several factors that can play into your installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that does the installation.
One of the most important factors to consider when it comes to the cost of going solar is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more energy your household consumes, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to spend about $2,550 per kilowatt in Amity Gardens. The brand and type of equipment you choose for your solar system can increase or decrease the price quite significantly. If you prefer a trusted brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these often have a higher price tag than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have limited roof space or just want maximum energy production, you can expect a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to greater savings over time. Plus, if you want extra equipment like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system out of pocket is difficult, solar loans are a popular route because they decrease your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over five to seven years on average. When considering your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you choose to go with a solar loan. Also, paying more on your down payment can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you hire to handle your switch to clean energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar panel companies in Amity Gardens, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. The company's size sometimes plays the most significant role in your total costs. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower pricing due to access to more resources and better pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they can sometimes have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or promotion can bring their pricing lower to compete with bigger names.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$12,426||11.8 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$16,854||11.6 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$21,424||11.4 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$26,137||11.1 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$30,993||10.9 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$35,992||10.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$41,133||10.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$46,418||10.2 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the kind of solar panels and the company you choose greatly influences your costs and your system's efficiency, production, and durability, it's important to select the right ones for you. Here are some tips to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and how much efficiency they need. Even though there are many options for which kind of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to take a look at their list of offerings before deciding.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar company, make sure to look it over fully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not certain about some of the terms, such as what to do if a part breaks or malfunctions and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a good reputation as a company and have verifiable expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has satisfied reviews from past customers.
- Warranty: Warranties that provide coverage for panel repairs and maintenance over around 25 years are the best you can get in the business, and offering such a warranty is one mark of a quality company.
EcoWatch's Amity Gardens, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.