Solar Panel Cost Guide in Yukon, OK (Jan 2023)
- Yukon Solar Installation Cost: $15,314
- 25-Year Savings: $24,718
- Payback Period: 9.6 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Yukon
Trying to put up solar panels on your own can be a difficult task, which is why using a solar installation company is a good option for many homeowners. Also, companies with a high reputation that are more expensive upfront could actually save you money in the long term with their warranties, repair services and expert design.
There are several licensed solar professionals that can help you install your solar system. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Yukon
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Yukon
There are a number of criteria that can determine your total installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar system.
The cost of solar panel systems varies by thousands of dollars due to some different factors. One of the notable factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems that have greater efficiency or power generation need better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can raise costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,620. The type of solar equipment you choose can bring your price up or down by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you get the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. On the other hand, more efficient panels could save you more over time on your electric bills. Additionally, add-on products, like solar batteries, can bring your total well above the Yukon average.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Yukon to be too costly, even if the investment pays off over time. Fortunately, nearly every solar company in the area offers financing options. Solar loans drastically decrease upfront costs for most homeowners, but they also lead to higher prices over time due to interest. It's a good idea to include the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to pay a larger down payment, you can reduce your total costs and the amount of time it'll take to pay off the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Lastly, the company you get to install your solar panel system can influence your pricing. Yukon's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. Additionally, some companies in Yukon have more knowledge about local solar incentives and can help you make good use of additional rebates or tax exemptions. Though, they may charge more for walking you through the whole process. Even if they cost more upfront, they could help you save more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.72||$11,444||$17,331||9.9 years|
|8 kW||$2.67||$14,965||$23,402||9.8 years|
|10 kW||$2.62||$18,340||$29,619||9.6 years|
|12 kW||$2.57||$21,568||$35,983||9.4 years|
|14 kW||$2.52||$24,649||$42,493||9.2 years|
|16 kW||$2.46||$27,583||$49,151||9.0 years|
|18 kW||$2.41||$30,371||$55,955||8.8 years|
|20 kW||$2.36||$33,012||$62,905||8.6 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel brands and price points. To help you pick the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar installer, make sure you look it over fully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you aren't sure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a part breaks or malfunctions and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Solar Panel Brands: Not all solar companies carry the same brands of solar panels, so the brand and type of panel you want can play a substantial role in the company you choose.
- Warranty: A quality company rises above other companies by offering the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for renewable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a good reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can research your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
EcoWatch's Yukon, OK Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.