Solar Panel Cost Guide in Skiatook, OK (Feb 2023)
- Skiatook Solar Installation Cost: $15,882
- 25-Year Savings: $22,335
- Payback Period: 10.4 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Skiatook
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a possibility, but it's an undertaking that can be a pain. Going with a solar panel installer can make swapping over to solar power much easier. Companies can also offer access to quality options of the best solar panels and help you pick which one will be best for your family.
There are a number of licensed solar professionals that can install solar panels for you. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Skiatook
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Skiatook
The cost of installing a solar system in Skiatook can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost is dependent on several factors. The biggest one is your system size, and other factors include equipment choices, financing options and the solar company you choose.
The cost of solar panels varies by thousands of dollars due to a few different factors. One of the main factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems with better efficiency or power generation require better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can increase costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,620. There are a lot of different solar panel brands and the one you choose also changes the cost. Generally speaking, the brands that have better efficiency tend to also cost more. Additionally, the type of equipment you want to install can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on energy bills over many years, but they can also be a big investment. That's why many Skiatook homeowners opt to finance their solar panel systems to make paying for solar more affordable. However, the interest on solar loans also increases your all-in costs, so it's crucial to consider that as well. You can always reduce the total you pay in interest and sometimes even your APR by putting more money down.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The remaining key cost factor you should consider is the installer you choose. Given the massive popularity of sustainable energy solutions in Skiatook, you'll have lots of options to choose from, but each comes at different price points for labor and equipment. You may come across national solar installers that have lower prices because of their larger brand name and access to bulk equipment prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those major players.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.72||$11,444||$15,042||10.8 years|
|8 kW||$2.67||$14,965||$20,350||10.6 years|
|10 kW||$2.62||$18,340||$25,804||10.4 years|
|12 kW||$2.57||$21,568||$31,405||10.2 years|
|14 kW||$2.52||$24,649||$37,153||10.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.46||$27,583||$43,047||9.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.41||$30,371||$49,089||9.6 years|
|20 kW||$2.36||$33,012||$55,277||9.3 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your system installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because picking a company can be difficult, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Contract: When reading over your solar company's contract, ask for clarification about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system part breaking or if the company goes out of business.
- Reputation: Long-running companies likely have a good reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar installation through, but will also provide adequate aftercare and customer support, such as part repairs and replacements.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and energy needs. Even though there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you ask for their list of offerings before deciding.
- Warranty: Companies typically offer different types of warranties that provide different kinds of coverage. A 25-year, all-inclusive warranty is the gold standard.
EcoWatch's Skiatook, OK Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.