Solar Panel Cost Guide in Seminole, OK (Jan 2023)
- Seminole Solar Installation Cost: $15,699
- 25-Year Savings: $21,587
- Payback Period: 10.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Seminole
Many homeowners opt for a solar installer since installing solar panels on your own can be time-consuming. Companies can also offer access to a large variety of the best solar panels and help you decide which one will be right for you.
There are various licensed solar professionals that can help you install your solar system. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Seminole
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Seminole
The cost of installing a solar system in Seminole can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost is dependent on several factors. The most significant one is the size of the system your home needs, and other factors include equipment choices, financing options and the solar company you choose.
When it comes to estimating the price of solar panels in Seminole, one of the most crucial factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are mainly based on your home's energy consumption, which you can figure out by looking at past electricity bills. Your overall cost can increase by about $2,620 for each additional kilowatt you need. The kind of solar equipment you choose can bring your price up or down by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you choose the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. On the other hand, more efficient panels could save you more over time on your energy bills. Additionally, add-on products, like solar batteries, can bring your total well above the Seminole average.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Seminole offer solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing a solar system. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of loans, including the amount of interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you can only get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars more than the original cost. Making a larger down payment or getting a solar loan with a low interest rate could reduce your costs considerably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installation company you choose will impact your total cost to adopt solar energy. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. The size of the company can sometimes play the most significant role in the cost. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower prices due to access to more resources and bulk pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they generally have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or promotion can bring their pricing lower to compete with bigger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.72||$11,444||$14,703||10.9 years|
|8 kW||$2.67||$14,965||$19,898||10.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.62||$18,340||$25,239||10.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.57||$21,568||$30,727||10.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.52||$24,649||$36,361||10.1 years|
|16 kW||$2.46||$27,583||$42,143||9.9 years|
|18 kW||$2.41||$30,371||$48,071||9.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.36||$33,012||$54,146||9.5 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar panel installation will affect the warranties and brands available to you, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Since choosing a company can be a tough decision, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Installation Process: When going solar, it's crucial to maintain an open line of communication with your solar company. See to it that you understand how the installation process will go and the project completion timeline.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and energy needs. Even though there are many options for which type of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you ask for their list of options before deciding.
- Reputation: Long-running companies likely have a high reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar installation through, but will also provide adequate aftercare and customer support, such as part repairs and replacements.
- Contract: When reading over your solar installer's contract, ask for clarification about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios like a system part breaking or the company going out of business.
EcoWatch's Seminole, OK Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.