Solar Panel Cost Guide in Ponca City, OK (Jan 2023)
- Ponca City Solar Installation Cost: $15,662
- 25-Year Savings: $25,638
- Payback Period: 9.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Ponca City
Although you can install solar panels on your own, it takes extra energy and handiness. For that reason, the majority of homeowners choose a solar panel installer. The payback period on a solar system will vary based on factors like your location and energy needs, but going with a solar company can shorten it. Your provider will be able to help you apply for incentives available in your area.
There are various licensed solar professionals that can install solar panels for you. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Ponca City
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Ponca City
The cost of installing a solar system in Ponca City can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost is dependent on several factors. The biggest one is the size of the system your household needs, and other factors include the equipment you choose, financing options and the solar company you choose.
One of the most important factors to consider when it comes to the cost of adopting solar energy is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more energy your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to spend around $2,620 per kilowatt in Ponca City. The solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you get the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. On the other hand, higher efficiency could save you more over time on your electric bills. Additionally, add-on products, such as solar batteries, can bring your total well above the Ponca City average.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Ponca City provide solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing solar. It's a good idea to include the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to pay a higher down payment, you can reduce your total costs and the amount of time it'll take to pay back the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final factor to consider when trying to evaluate the cost of solar for your home or business in Ponca City is the company you hire to install your solar system. As with choosing a company to build a deck or pool, for example, there's no shortage of solar installers that provide a range of services for different budgets. Additionally, some companies in Ponca City know more about local solar incentives and can help you take advantage of additional rebates or tax exemptions. However, they may charge more for walking you through the whole process. Even if they cost more upfront, they could end up saving you more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.72||$11,444||$17,559||9.9 years|
|8 kW||$2.67||$14,965||$23,706||9.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.62||$18,340||$29,999||9.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.57||$21,568||$36,439||9.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.52||$24,649||$43,026||9.1 years|
|16 kW||$2.46||$27,583||$49,759||8.9 years|
|18 kW||$2.41||$30,371||$56,639||8.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.36||$33,012||$63,666||8.5 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel brands and price points. To help you find the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Solar Panel Brands: Not all solar companies carry the same brands of solar panels, so the brand and type of panel you want can play a considerable role in the company you go with.
- Contract: Even though reading through a contract can take a lot of time, it's important to do it carefully so you can make sure you understand how much the equipment and services will cost and the terms of the warranty.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for sustainable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Warranty: Warranties that provide coverage for panel repairs and maintenance over a long period of time such as 25 years are the gold standard in the business, and offering such a warranty is one mark of a quality company.
EcoWatch's Ponca City, OK Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.