Solar Panel Cost Guide in Lawton, OK (Feb 2023)
- Lawton Solar Installation Cost: $14,910
- 25-Year Savings: $24,328
- Payback Period: 9.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Lawton
Putting up solar panels yourself can be a difficult project, which is why hiring a solar installer is a good option for many homeowners. A solar installer can also help save you money in the long run by providing warranties, repairs and part replacements.
If you'd like to make the switch to solar but still aren't sure which solar system installer to go with, here are our recommendations for providers nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Lawton
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Lawton
For many Lawton homeowners, the decision to install a solar energy system rests on cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Lawton, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are a number of factors that significantly influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
One of the most important factors to consider when it comes to the cost of going solar is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more power your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to spend about $2,620 per kilowatt in Lawton. Some solar panel brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more expensive upfront but also tend to offer higher efficiency. In a city like Lawton, where sunlight is abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Also, if you have a small roof or you don't have a lot of space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be a better option. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Lawton have solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing a solar system. When estimating your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you go with a solar loan. Also, paying more upfront can reduce the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you select will influence your total cost to adopt solar energy. Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. You may notice national solar installers that have lower prices because of their larger brand name and access to bulk equipment prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or promotions to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.72||$11,444||$17,503||9.9 years|
|8 kW||$2.67||$14,965||$23,631||9.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.62||$18,340||$29,906||9.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.57||$21,568||$36,327||9.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.52||$24,649||$42,895||9.1 years|
|16 kW||$2.46||$27,583||$49,610||8.9 years|
|18 kW||$2.41||$30,371||$56,471||8.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.36||$33,012||$63,479||8.6 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar panel installation will affect the warranties and brands available to you, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because selecting a company can be a challenge, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Installation Process: Make sure you're aligned with the installer in regard to how the installation process will go and what needs to be done before your solar panel system is installed, such as updating your electrical system or roof.
- Contract: Although reading through a contract can take a lot of time, it's important to do it carefully so you can be sure you understand how much the equipment and services will cost and how part repairs and replacements will be handled.
- Solar Panel Brands: Not all solar companies offer the same brands of solar panels, so the brand and type of panel you want can play a big role in the company you opt for.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a solid reputation as a company and have proven expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has good reviews from past customers.
EcoWatch's Lawton, OK Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.