Solar Panel Cost Guide in Edmond, OK (Jan 2023)
- Edmond Solar Installation Cost: $15,461
- 25-Year Savings: $22,793
- Payback Period: 10.1 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Edmond
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a possibility, but it's an undertaking that can use up a lot of your time and energy. Going with an installer can make switching to solar power much easier. Companies can also offer access to various kinds of the best solar panels and help you choose which one will be best for your home.
There are various licensed solar professionals that can take care of your solar installation project. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Edmond
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Edmond
The cost of installing a solar system in Edmond can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost depends on several factors. The biggest one is your system size, and other factors include equipment choices, financing options and the solar installer you choose.
The cost of solar panel systems varies by thousands of dollars due to a few different factors. One of the notable factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems that have better efficiency or power production need better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can increase costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,620. The brand of solar panels and equipment you get is another factor that will considerably affect costs. Solar panels that are more efficient, like monocrystalline panels, tend to cost more. Plus, solar equipment is more than just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to consider the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when searching for a solar system that falls within your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Edmond provide solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing a solar system. Though solar loans make switching to solar energy more accessible for Edmond homeowners, they can also add to the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate. If you put down a larger down payment, though, you can cut back on how much interest you have to pay.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installation company you choose will impact your total cost to go solar. Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. You may come across national solar installers that have lower prices due to their bigger brand name and access to bulk equipment prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.72||$11,444||$15,769||10.5 years|
|8 kW||$2.67||$14,965||$21,319||10.3 years|
|10 kW||$2.62||$18,340||$27,016||10.1 years|
|12 kW||$2.57||$21,568||$32,859||9.9 years|
|14 kW||$2.52||$24,649||$38,849||9.7 years|
|16 kW||$2.46||$27,583||$44,986||9.5 years|
|18 kW||$2.41||$30,371||$51,269||9.3 years|
|20 kW||$2.36||$33,012||$57,699||9.1 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many companies to choose from in Edmond, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Picking the right company for you can be tough, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and kind offers varying levels of quality, longevity and energy efficiency. They will come at different costs as well. The company you choose has an impact on which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Contract: When looking through your solar installer's contract, ask questions about any terms you're not sure of and make sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system component breaking or if the company goes out of business.
- Warranty: Each company may offer different types of warranties that cover different things. A 25-year, all-inclusive warranty is the gold standard.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can check your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
EcoWatch's Edmond, OK Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.