Solar Panel Cost Guide in Blanchard, OK (Feb 2023)
- Blanchard Solar Installation Cost: $15,314
- 25-Year Savings: $23,543
- Payback Period: 9.8 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Blanchard
Many homeowners choose to use a solar panel company since trying to put up solar panels by yourself can be hard. The expertise that solar companies provide can be invaluable as well, especially if you aren't sure what kind of solar equipment would be right for your home.
If you'd like to make the switch to solar but still aren't sure which solar company to go with, here are our recommendations for providers in Blanchard:
See all of the solar companies in Blanchard
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Blanchard
Cost is typically one of the most important factors for homeowners wanting to invest in solar. There are a few primary factors that affect your total cost in Blanchard: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll go over each of these briefly below.
The size of the solar system you need, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most significant cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by about $2,620. The model of solar panels and equipment you get is another factor that will largely impact costs. Solar panels that have higher efficiency, like monocrystalline panels, tend to cost more. Moreover, solar equipment goes beyond just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to consider the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when researching a solar system that falls within your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Blanchard to be prohibitively expensive, even if the investment pays off over time. Fortunately, nearly every solar installer in the area provides access to financing options. Solar loans greatly decrease upfront costs in most cases, but they also result in a higher cost over time because of interest. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your all-in costs, so it's important to keep that in mind as well. You can always reduce the total you pay in interest and possibly even your APR by putting more money down.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you go with to handle your switch to solar energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies operating throughout Blanchard, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. You may notice national solar installers that have lower prices due to their larger brand name and access to bulk pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.72||$11,444||$16,486||10.2 years|
|8 kW||$2.67||$14,965||$22,275||10.0 years|
|10 kW||$2.62||$18,340||$28,211||9.8 years|
|12 kW||$2.57||$21,568||$34,293||9.7 years|
|14 kW||$2.52||$24,649||$40,523||9.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.46||$27,583||$46,898||9.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.41||$30,371||$53,421||9.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.36||$33,012||$60,090||8.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the type of solar panels and the installation company you choose greatly affects your costs and your system's durability and efficiency, it's important to select the right ones for you. Here are some things to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Contract: Even though reading through a contract can take a lot of time, it's important to do it thoroughly so you can be sure you understand how much the equipment and services will cost and how part repairs and replacements will be handled.
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies have different brands and types of panels. If you want a specific brand, make sure the solar panel company you're considering has it.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a good reputation as a company and have proven expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has good reviews from past customers.
- Installation Process: When making the switch to solar energy, it's crucial to maintain an open line of communication with your solar panel installer. See to it that you understand how the installation process will go and the completion timeline.
EcoWatch's Blanchard, OK Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.