Solar Panel Cost Guide in Turtlecreek, OH (Jan 2023)
- Turtlecreek Solar Installation Cost: $13,332
- 25-Year Savings: $10,856
- Payback Period: 13.8 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Turtlecreek
Many homeowners opt for a solar installation company since installing solar panels by yourself can be hard. A solar company can also help save you money in the long run by providing warranties, repairs and system component replacements.
Working with a professional solar company can help you make the most of your investment in solar. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Turtlecreek
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Turtlecreek
There are several factors that can influence your total installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar panels.
System size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that affects the overall cost of going solar. That's why it's a priority to accurately gauge the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your typical energy use. The brand and kind of equipment you want for your solar system can raise or lower the price quite significantly. If you prefer a trusted brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these are often more expensive than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have a small roof or just want maximum energy production, you will be looking at a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to more savings over time. Also, if you want extra equipment like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Turtlecreek to be prohibitively steep, even if the investment pays off over time. Thankfully, nearly every solar company in the area provides access to financing options. Solar loans drastically decrease upfront costs for most homeowners, but they also lead to paying more over time due to interest. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of financing options, including the total interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you're only able to get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars more than the principal cost. Making a larger down payment or getting a solar loan with a low APR could reduce your costs considerably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final factor to keep in mind when trying to evaluate the cost of solar for your home or business in Turtlecreek is the company you choose to install your solar system. As with choosing a company to renovate your kitchen, for instance, you'll have no shortage of solar installers that offer a range of services at different costs. Larger national companies generally have lower costs, but some local companies keep up with them by offering sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have access to specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or additional services like electric car charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.66||$11,182||$8,334||14.3 years|
|8 kW||$2.61||$14,623||$11,399||14.0 years|
|10 kW||$2.56||$17,920||$14,607||13.8 years|
|12 kW||$2.51||$21,074||$17,959||13.5 years|
|14 kW||$2.46||$24,084||$21,453||13.2 years|
|16 kW||$2.41||$26,952||$25,092||12.9 years|
|18 kW||$2.36||$29,676||$28,873||12.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.30||$32,256||$32,798||12.4 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are numerous companies available in Turtlecreek, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Choosing the right company for you can be difficult, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Warranty: If you care about the durability of your solar panel system, verifying that your installer offers a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty can give you some peace of mind.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for renewable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to do the job well. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar company, make sure you look it over carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not sure about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and what services you can expect from them.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and energy needs. While there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you take a look at their list of options before making your decision.
EcoWatch's Turtlecreek, OH Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.