Solar Panel Cost Guide in Stonelick, OH (Feb 2023)
- Stonelick Solar Installation Cost: $13,207
- 25-Year Savings: $12,140
- Payback Period: 13.0 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Stonelick
Many homeowners opt for a solar panel installer since figuring out how to install solar panels yourself can be challenging. Some solar companies, especially local ones, can help you better understand incentives in Stonelick, optimizing your ROI.
You can work with a local solar installer to get a free estimate on how much solar panels could cost for your home. Here are some nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Stonelick
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Stonelick
The cost of installing a solar system in Stonelick can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost is dependent on several factors. The most significant one is the size of the system you need, and other factors include equipment choices, financing options and the solar installer you choose.
The cost of solar panel systems varies by thousands of dollars due to a variety of factors. One of the most significant factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems with greater efficiency or power production use better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can raise costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,560. Some solar panel brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — cost more upfront but also tend to offer better efficiency. In a city like Stonelick, where sunlight is relatively abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Also, if you have a small roof or you don't have a lot of space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be a better option. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Stonelick provide solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing solar panels. Though solar loans make going solar more accessible for Stonelick homeowners, they can also add to the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate. If you make a larger down payment, though, you can avoid paying as much in interest.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you hire to handle your switch to solar energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies in Stonelick, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. The size of the company can sometimes play the most considerable role in the cost of installation. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower prices because of more resources and better pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they can sometimes have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or discount can bring their pricing down to compete with bigger names.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.66||$11,182||$9,462||13.5 years|
|8 kW||$2.61||$14,623||$12,903||13.3 years|
|10 kW||$2.56||$17,920||$16,487||13.0 years|
|12 kW||$2.51||$21,074||$20,214||12.8 years|
|14 kW||$2.46||$24,084||$24,085||12.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.41||$26,952||$28,099||12.2 years|
|18 kW||$2.36||$29,676||$32,257||12.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.30||$32,256||$36,557||11.7 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your system installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Since choosing a company can be a challenge, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Contract: When reading through your solar installer's contract, ask questions about any terms you're not sure of and make sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system part breaking or if the company goes out of business.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and how much efficiency they need. Although there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to take a look at their list of offerings before deciding.
- Warranty: Warranties that provide coverage for defective panels and repairs over a couple decades are the best you can get in the business, and offering such a warranty is one indication of a good company.
- Reputation: Well-established companies likely have a solid reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar installation through, but will also provide adequate aftercare and customer support, such as part repairs and replacements.
EcoWatch's Stonelick, OH Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.