Solar Panel Cost Guide in South Euclid, OH (Feb 2023)
- South Euclid Solar Installation Cost: $14,121
- 25-Year Savings: $14,867
- Payback Period: 12.2 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in South Euclid
Trying to install solar panels yourself can be a stressful task, which is why hiring a solar installation company is a good option for many homeowners. Companies can also offer access to quality options of the best solar panels and help you decide which one will be best for you.
You can work with a local solar installer to get a free quote on how much solar panels could cost for your home. Here are some near you:
See all of the solar companies in South Euclid
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in South Euclid
Cost is usually one of the most important factors for homeowners considering investing in solar. There are a few primary factors that will push your cost above or below the average in South Euclid: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll discuss each of these briefly below.
The size of the solar panel system you need, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by around $2,560. There are several different solar panel brands and the one you choose also changes the cost. Generally, the brands that offer higher efficiency tend to also be more expensive. Plus, the type of equipment you want to install can affect your total cost. If you only need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in South Euclid provide solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing solar panels. Although solar loans make adopting solar energy more accessible for South Euclid homeowners, they can also increase the total you pay for your system due to interest. If you put down a larger down payment, though, you can avoid paying as much in interest.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The final major cost factor you should consider is the installer you choose. Given the growing popularity of green energy solutions in South Euclid, you'll have many options to choose from, but each comes at various price points for labor and equipment. Additionally, some companies in South Euclid know more about local solar incentives and can help you make good use of additional rebates or tax exemptions. However, they may charge more for walking you through the whole process. Even if they cost more upfront, they could help you save more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.66||$11,182||$10,897||12.7 years|
|8 kW||$2.61||$14,623||$14,817||12.4 years|
|10 kW||$2.56||$17,920||$18,879||12.2 years|
|12 kW||$2.51||$21,074||$23,085||11.9 years|
|14 kW||$2.46||$24,084||$27,434||11.7 years|
|16 kW||$2.41||$26,952||$31,927||11.4 years|
|18 kW||$2.36||$29,676||$36,563||11.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.30||$32,256||$41,342||11.0 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel models and price points. To help you pick the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and how much efficiency they need. Although there are many options for which type of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you peruse their list of options before making your decision.
- Contract: Read the contract terms thoroughly to make sure you understand how much it will cost, project completion timeline rebates and warranties.
- Installation Process: When going solar, it's crucial to maintain an open line of communication with your solar company. See to it that you understand how the installation process works and the project completion timeline.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for sustainable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a good reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
EcoWatch's South Euclid, OH Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.