Solar Panel Cost Guide in Shawnee, OH (Feb 2023)
- Shawnee Solar Installation Cost: $13,637
- 25-Year Savings: $17,033
- Payback Period: 11.1 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Shawnee
Although you can install solar panels yourself, it involves extra energy and know-how. Because of that, almost all homeowners choose to go with a solar panel installer. The expertise that solar installers offer can be useful as well, particularly if you aren't sure what type of solar equipment you need.
If you'd like to make the switch to solar but still aren't certain which solar system company to go with, here are our recommendations for providers nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Shawnee
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Shawnee
The cost of installing a solar system in Shawnee can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost is determined by several factors. The most significant one is your system size, and other factors include the equipment you choose, financing options and the solar installer you choose.
One of the most important factors to consider when it comes to the cost of going solar is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more electricity your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to pay around $2,560 per kilowatt in Shawnee. The solar equipment you choose can bring your price up or down by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you get the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. However, more efficient panels could save you more in the long run on your energy bills. Additionally, add-on products, like solar batteries, can bump up your total well above the Shawnee average.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Shawnee to be prohibitively expensive, even if the investment pays off over time. Thankfully, almost every solar company in the area provides access to financing options. Solar loans drastically decrease upfront costs in most cases, but they also lead to paying more over time because of interest. Although solar loans make going solar more accessible for Shawnee homeowners, they can also raise the total you pay for your system due to interest. If you put down a larger down payment, though, you can avoid paying as much in interest.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The remaining significant cost factor you should keep in mind is the installer you choose. Given the booming popularity of sustainable energy solutions in Shawnee, you'll have a great number of options to choose from, but each comes at different price points for labor and equipment. Additionally, some companies in Shawnee are more knowledgeable about local solar incentives and can help you learn about additional rebates or tax exemptions. However, they may charge more for that service. Even if they cost more upfront, they could help you save more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.66||$11,182||$13,014||11.6 years|
|8 kW||$2.61||$14,623||$17,639||11.3 years|
|10 kW||$2.56||$17,920||$22,407||11.1 years|
|12 kW||$2.51||$21,074||$27,319||10.9 years|
|14 kW||$2.46||$24,084||$32,374||10.7 years|
|16 kW||$2.41||$26,952||$37,572||10.4 years|
|18 kW||$2.36||$29,676||$42,913||10.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.30||$32,256||$48,398||10.0 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar panel company you go with will be a major factor in determining not only your total costs, but also the types of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you have access to. When choosing a solar company, there are some important things you should consider, such as:
- Installation Process: One of the most important things to understand when adopting solar energy is the installation process itself. Be sure to align on any details you should know with your solar company, such as what permits you should secure and what the project timeline is.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for renewable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to do the job well. Another way you can verify your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and type has varying levels of quality, longevity and energy efficiency. They will come at different prices as well. The company you choose affects which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Contract: When looking through your solar installer's contract, ask questions about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios like a system component breaking or if the company goes out of business.
EcoWatch's Shawnee, OH Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.