Solar Panel Cost Guide in Norwich, OH (Feb 2023)
- Norwich Solar Installation Cost: $13,530
- 25-Year Savings: $17,075
- Payback Period: 11.0 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Norwich
Although it's possible to install solar panels by yourself, it involves extra time and expertise. That's one of the reasons most homeowners choose a solar panel installer. Local solar installers can also help you maximize your return on investment by walking you through any local incentives and by offering warranties and repairs.
There are a number of licensed solar professionals that can install solar panels for you. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Norwich
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Norwich
For many Norwich homeowners, the decision to install a solar energy system comes down to cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Norwich, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are numerous factors that significantly influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
The size of the solar panel system you need to offset your energy usage, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most significant cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by about $2,560. Some solar brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more expensive upfront but also tend to offer higher efficiency. In a city like Norwich, where sunlight is relatively abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Also, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be a better option. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Norwich provide solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing solar panels. It's wise to add the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to put more money down upfront, you can reduce your total costs and the amount of time it'll take to pay back the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final consideration when trying to evaluate the cost of solar for your home or business in Norwich is the company you hire to install your solar system. As with choosing a company to renovate your kitchen, for instance, there's no shortage of solar installers that provide a range of services for different budgets. Larger national companies typically have lower costs, but some local companies undercut them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have access to specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or additional services like electric vehicle charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.66||$11,182||$13,150||11.5 years|
|8 kW||$2.61||$14,623||$17,820||11.3 years|
|10 kW||$2.56||$17,920||$22,633||11.0 years|
|12 kW||$2.51||$21,074||$27,590||10.8 years|
|14 kW||$2.46||$24,084||$32,690||10.6 years|
|16 kW||$2.41||$26,952||$37,933||10.4 years|
|18 kW||$2.36||$29,676||$43,320||10.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.30||$32,256||$48,850||9.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar panel company you go with will be a major factor in determining not only your overall costs, but also the kinds of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you can get. When choosing a solar company, there are a few important things you should keep in mind, such as:
- Contract: When reading over your solar company's contract, ask questions about any terms you're not sure of and make sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system part breaking or if the company goes out of business.
- Warranty: Warranties that cover defective panels and repairs over around 25 years are the gold standard in the business, and offering such a warranty is one mark of a quality company.
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies have different brands and types of panels. If you know you want a specific brand, make sure the solar panel company you're considering has it.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a solid reputation as a company and have verifiable expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has satisfied reviews from past customers.
EcoWatch's Norwich, OH Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.