Solar Panel Cost Guide in North Ridgeville, OH (Feb 2023)
- North Ridgeville Solar Installation Cost: $12,687
- 25-Year Savings: $14,221
- Payback Period: 11.8 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in North Ridgeville
Many homeowners opt for a solar installer since trying to put up solar panels on your own can be hard. The expertise that solar companies offer can be useful as well, particularly if you don't quite know what type of solar equipment would be right for your home.
There are various licensed solar professionals that can take care of your solar installation project. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in North Ridgeville
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in North Ridgeville
Though the average cost of a solar system in North Ridgeville is $12,687, your final cost may be above or below the average. There are many factors that can have a significant impact on the cost of a residential solar panel installation. Below are some of the more important things to consider.
One of the most important factors to consider when it comes to the cost of installing solar panels is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more power your household consumes, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to pay about $2,560 per kilowatt in North Ridgeville. Some solar brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more expensive upfront but also tend to offer higher efficiency. In a city like North Ridgeville, where sunlight is relatively abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. In addition, if you have a small roof or you don't have a lot of space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be a better option. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for solar panels out of pocket is difficult, solar loans are a solid option because they cut back your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over a term of, on average, between five and seven years. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your total costs, so it's important to consider that as well. You can always lower the total you pay in interest and possibly even your APR by making a larger down payment.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Finally, the company you hire to install your solar system can influence the cost. North Ridgeville's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. Additionally, some companies in North Ridgeville know more about local solar incentives and can help you take advantage of additional rebates or tax exemptions. However, they may charge more for that service. Even if they cost more upfront, they could end up saving you more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.66||$11,182||$11,631||12.3 years|
|8 kW||$2.61||$14,623||$15,794||12.0 years|
|10 kW||$2.56||$17,920||$20,101||11.8 years|
|12 kW||$2.51||$21,074||$24,552||11.5 years|
|14 kW||$2.46||$24,084||$29,146||11.3 years|
|16 kW||$2.41||$26,952||$33,883||11.1 years|
|18 kW||$2.36||$29,676||$38,763||10.8 years|
|20 kW||$2.30||$32,256||$43,787||10.6 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of companies to choose from in North Ridgeville, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Picking the right company for you can be tough, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a good reputation as a company and have proven expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has satisfied reviews from previous customers.
- Warranty: A quality company stands out from other companies by offering the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and type has varying levels of quality, longevity and energy efficiency. They will come at different costs as well. The company you choose affects which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar company, be sure to read it through carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're unsure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a component breaks or malfunctions and what services you can expect from them.
EcoWatch's North Ridgeville, OH Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.