Solar Panel Cost Guide in Mentor, OH (Feb 2023)
- Mentor Solar Installation Cost: $13,978
- 25-Year Savings: $13,402
- Payback Period: 12.8 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Mentor
Although it's possible to install solar panels yourself, it requires extra energy and know-how. Because of that, the majority of homeowners choose a solar panel installer. Plus, if you're unsure what kind of solar panels and equipment you need, a solar company can help you find the right equipment for you after a site survey and consultation.
There are a number of licensed solar professionals that can help you install your solar system. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Mentor
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Mentor
There are several criteria that can play into your solar panel installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar panels.
System size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that affects the overall cost of going solar. That's why it's crucial to accurately assess the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your energy needs. The type of solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you get the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. However, more efficient panels could save you more over time on your energy bills. In addition, extra products, like solar batteries, can bump up your total well above the Mentor average.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system out of pocket is difficult, solar loans are a solid choice because they decrease your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over five to seven years on average. It's a good idea to factor the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to pay a higher down payment, you can reduce your total costs and how long it'll take to pay back the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final factor to keep in mind when trying to evaluate the cost of solar for your home or business in Mentor is the company you get to install your PV system. As with choosing a company to build a deck or pool, for example, there's no shortage of solar installers that offer a range of services for different budgets. Additionally, some companies in Mentor know more about local solar incentives and can help you learn about additional rebates or tax exemptions. However, they may charge more for that service. Even if they cost more upfront, they could end up saving you more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.66||$11,182||$9,871||13.3 years|
|8 kW||$2.61||$14,623||$13,448||13.0 years|
|10 kW||$2.56||$17,920||$17,168||12.8 years|
|12 kW||$2.51||$21,074||$21,032||12.5 years|
|14 kW||$2.46||$24,084||$25,039||12.3 years|
|16 kW||$2.41||$26,952||$29,189||12.0 years|
|18 kW||$2.36||$29,676||$33,483||11.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.30||$32,256||$37,920||11.5 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar panel installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Since picking a company can be difficult, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Reputation: Solar companies that have great reviews from their customers and that have been in business for many years in most cases provide quality solar panel installation and expertise.
- Contract: Though reading through a contract can be tedious, it's important to do it carefully so you can make sure you understand how much the equipment and services will cost and the terms of the warranty.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and how much efficiency they need. Even though there are many options for which type of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you take a look at their list of options before making your decision.
- Warranty: A quality company stands out from other companies by offering the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
EcoWatch's Mentor, OH Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.