Solar Panel Cost Guide in Mcdonald, OH (Feb 2023)
- Mcdonald Solar Installation Cost: $14,085
- 25-Year Savings: $12,352
- Payback Period: 13.3 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Mcdonald
Installing solar panels by yourself can be a difficult project, which is why hiring a solar installer is a good option for many homeowners. A solar installer can also help save you money over time by offering warranties, repairs and system component replacements.
You can work with a local solar installer to get a free estimate on the cost of solar panels for your home. Here are some near you:
See all of the solar companies in Mcdonald
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Mcdonald
While the average cost of a solar system in Mcdonald is $14,085, your final cost may be above or below the average. There are many factors that can have a sizable impact on the cost of a solar system installation. Below are some of the more important things to keep in mind.
The size of the solar energy system you need for your household, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most significant cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by around $2,560. There are several different solar panel brands and the one you pick also changes the cost. Generally speaking, the brands that offer higher efficiency tend to also cost more. Plus, the type of equipment you're looking to install can affect your total cost. If you only need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for a solar system out of pocket can be difficult. Solar loans are provided by most installers in Mcdonald, which can bring down, or in some cases eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more accessible. When figuring out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you opt for a solar loan. Also, paying more on your down payment can reduce the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installation company you pick will affect your total cost to go solar. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. You may come across national solar installers that have lower prices because of their larger brand name and access to bulk equipment pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.66||$11,182||$8,989||13.9 years|
|8 kW||$2.61||$14,623||$12,272||13.6 years|
|10 kW||$2.56||$17,920||$15,698||13.3 years|
|12 kW||$2.51||$21,074||$19,268||13.1 years|
|14 kW||$2.46||$24,084||$22,981||12.8 years|
|16 kW||$2.41||$26,952||$26,837||12.5 years|
|18 kW||$2.36||$29,676||$30,837||12.3 years|
|20 kW||$2.30||$32,256||$34,980||12.0 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar panel installation will affect the warranties and brands available to you, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because picking a company can be difficult, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar company, be sure to look it over fully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not certain about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and what services you can expect from them.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and kind offers varying levels of quality, durability and efficiency. They will come at different prices as well. The company you choose affects which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a solid reputation as a company and have proven expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has satisfied reviews from previous customers.
- Installation Process: Get details from your solar company about the installation process and what to expect, such as when the site survey will be completed and what the project timeline is.
EcoWatch's Mcdonald, OH Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.