Solar Panel Cost Guide in Mansfield, OH (Feb 2023)
- Mansfield Solar Installation Cost: $13,798
- 25-Year Savings: $14,705
- Payback Period: 12.1 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Mansfield
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a choice some homeowners opt for, but it's an undertaking that can be a headache. Going with a solar panel installer can make swapping over to solar power much easier. Companies can also provide access to various kinds of the best solar panels and help you pick which one will be right for you.
Working with a professional solar company can help you make the most of your investment in solar. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Mansfield
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Mansfield
For many Mansfield homeowners, the decision to install a solar energy system comes down to cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Mansfield, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are a number of factors that considerably influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
One of the most important factors to consider when it comes to the cost of installing solar panels is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more electricity your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to pay around $2,560 per kilowatt in Mansfield. There are a lot of different solar panel brands and the one you choose also changes the cost. Usually, the brands that are more efficient tend to also be more expensive. Additionally, the type of equipment you choose can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system out of pocket is out of reach, solar loans are a popular route because they lower your upfront costs and let you pay for your system over five to seven years on average. Although solar loans make switching to solar energy more accessible for Mansfield homeowners, they can also add to the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate. If you make a larger down payment, though, you can avoid paying as much in interest.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you go with to handle your switch to renewable energy can play a role in your total costs. There are about 3 solar panel companies operating in Mansfield, and each can charge different amounts for labor and equipment. You may see national solar installers that have lower prices because of their larger brand name and access to bulk equipment prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or promotions to compete with those major players.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.66||$11,182||$11,029||12.6 years|
|8 kW||$2.61||$14,623||$14,993||12.3 years|
|10 kW||$2.56||$17,920||$19,099||12.1 years|
|12 kW||$2.51||$21,074||$23,349||11.9 years|
|14 kW||$2.46||$24,084||$27,742||11.6 years|
|16 kW||$2.41||$26,952||$32,279||11.4 years|
|18 kW||$2.36||$29,676||$36,959||11.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.30||$32,256||$41,782||10.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the kind of solar panels and the installer you choose has an impact on your costs and your system's durability and efficiency, it's important to select the right ones for you. Here are some things to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and model has varying levels of quality, longevity and efficiency. They will come at different costs as well. The company you choose impacts which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Installation Process: When going solar, it's essential to keep an open line of communication with your solar company. Confirm that you understand how the installation process works and the project timeline.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Contract: Though reading through a contract can take a lot of time, it's important to do it fully so you can make sure you understand how much the equipment and services will cost and the terms of the warranty.
EcoWatch's Mansfield, OH Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.