Solar Panel Cost Guide in Lemon, OH (Jan 2023)
- Lemon Solar Installation Cost: $13,315
- 25-Year Savings: $14,076
- Payback Period: 12.2 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Lemon
Many homeowners decide to use a solar panel company since figuring out how to install solar panels yourself can be a labor-intensive endeavor. A solar installer can also help save you money in the long run by offering warranties, repairs and system component replacements.
You can work with a local solar installer to get a free estimate on the cost of solar panels for your home. Here are some near you:
See all of the solar companies in Lemon
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Lemon
There are many factors that can play into your total installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar panels.
When it comes to estimating the price of a solar panel system in Lemon, one of the most important factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are chiefly based on your home's energy usage, which you can figure out by looking at past energy bills. Your total cost can increase by about $2,560 for each additional kilowatt you need. Some solar brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more costly upfront but also tend to offer better efficiency. In a city like Lemon, where sunlight is relatively abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Plus, if you have a small roof or you don't have a lot of space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be a better option. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on energy bills over time, but they can also be a significant investment. That's why many Lemon homeowners opt to finance their solar panel systems to make going solar more affordable. However, the interest on solar loans also increases your overall costs, so it's important to keep that in mind as well. You can always lower the total you pay in interest and in some cases even your APR by putting more money down.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The remaining key cost factor you should keep in mind is the installer you choose. Given the booming popularity of green energy solutions in Lemon, you'll have a great number of options to choose from, but each comes at different price points for labor and equipment. You may come across national solar installers that have lower prices due to their bigger brand name and access to bulk pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or promotions to compete with those major players.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.66||$11,182||$10,922||12.6 years|
|8 kW||$2.61||$14,623||$14,850||12.4 years|
|10 kW||$2.56||$17,920||$18,921||12.2 years|
|12 kW||$2.51||$21,074||$23,135||11.9 years|
|14 kW||$2.46||$24,084||$27,493||11.7 years|
|16 kW||$2.41||$26,952||$31,994||11.4 years|
|18 kW||$2.36||$29,676||$36,638||11.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.30||$32,256||$41,426||10.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel brands and price points. To help you find the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Solar Panel Brands: Not all solar companies have the same brands of solar panels, so the brand and type of panel you want can play a large role in the company you opt for.
- Installation Process: Homeowners should make sure they understand how exactly the installation process will be carried out, as well as important factors like the completion timeline.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can research your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Contract: When reading through your solar company's contract, ask questions about any terms you're not sure of and make sure you understand what happens in scenarios like a system part breaking or the company going out of business.
EcoWatch's Lemon, OH Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.