Solar Panel Cost Guide in Lebanon, OH (Feb 2023)
- Lebanon Solar Installation Cost: $13,332
- 25-Year Savings: $12,225
- Payback Period: 13.0 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Lebanon
DIY solar panel installation is a way to cut costs, but it's an undertaking that can use up a lot of your time and energy. Using an installer can make converting to solar power much easier. Also, companies with an outstanding reputation that cost more upfront could actually save you money in the long term with their warranties, repair services and expert design.
There are a number of licensed solar professionals that can take care of your solar installation project. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Lebanon
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Lebanon
Even though the average cost of a solar system in Lebanon is $13,332, your actual cost may be higher or lower than that. There are many factors that can have a sizable impact on the cost of a solar panel installation. Below are some of the more crucial things to keep in mind.
One of the most significant factors to consider when it comes to the cost of going solar is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more power your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to pay about $2,560 per kilowatt in Lebanon. Some solar panel brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more expensive upfront but also tend to offer better efficiency. In a city like Lebanon, where sunlight is relatively abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. In addition, if you have a small roof or you don't have a lot of space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be more impactful. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar out of pocket can be difficult. Solar loans are offered by most installers in Lebanon, which can reduce, or in some cases eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more accessible. Even though solar loans make going solar more accessible for Lebanon homeowners, they can also increase the total you pay for your system due to interest. If you make a larger down payment, though, you can cut back on how much interest you have to pay.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar panel installation company you select will impact your total cost to make the switch to solar . Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. The size of the company can sometimes play the most significant role in the cost. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower prices because of greater resources and better pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they can sometimes have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or discount can bring their pricing down to compete with bigger names.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.66||$11,182||$9,439||13.6 years|
|8 kW||$2.61||$14,623||$12,872||13.3 years|
|10 kW||$2.56||$17,920||$16,448||13.0 years|
|12 kW||$2.51||$21,074||$20,168||12.8 years|
|14 kW||$2.46||$24,084||$24,031||12.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.41||$26,952||$28,038||12.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.36||$29,676||$32,187||12.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.30||$32,256||$36,481||11.7 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the kind of solar panels and the company you choose has an impact on your costs and your system's efficiency, production, and durability, it's important to pick the right ones for you. Here are some things to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and model offers varying levels of quality, durability and efficiency. They will come at different prices as well. The company you choose plays a role in which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Contract: Review the contract terms closely to make sure you understand how much it will cost, completion timeline incentives and warranties.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for renewable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a good reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Installation Process: When making the switch to solar, it's essential to keep an open line of communication with your solar panel company. Confirm that you understand how the installation process will go and the project completion timeline.
EcoWatch's Lebanon, OH Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.